Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to get a book printed and want to know if going from ID (CS5) to .pdf changes the size of the print?  A few years ago, I got a booklet prublished, and while the shop did a beautiful job, everything came out reduced in size on the pages (set up for 11x17, and folded in half to 8.5 x 11).  Is that the print shop's fault, or the .pdf's?  I have some ruled measurements in this book, and they HAVE to come out at size.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are in the wrong forum.

I'm not sure about the process of going from ID to .pdf.  I would expect it would be precise is details as that is what it is meant to be for.

The .pdf will certainly be very precise in sizing, positioning etc.

(That's what makes it such a pain for flexible media such as eBooks, but ideal for its original purpose of print preparation.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines