Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to correctly transfer ebooks.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2009 Feb 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought a couple of ebooks a long time ago, and I would like to transfer them from my computer to my laptop. Even though I have the receipt, the company isn't selling those ebooks anymore. Adobe Digital Edition won't let me read it on my laptop, and from some researching, I found it's because the ebooks are "activated" for my computer, and I need to activate them for my laptop.

Can anyone help me with this? I have to admit I'm not very computer savvy at all. Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a PDF eBook, or are you talking about a mobi file or some other type of eBook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pdf book, I'm pretty sure. It's an Adobe Acrobat book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did everything possible spending over 6 hours looking at forums, blogs, etc, following all suggestions. Nothing. Just purchased the Sony PRS-505 and keep getting the message: this book cannot be transferred because it's authorized to another reader. How did you solve the problem? The library are in the library and the reader but cannot open them. I do need help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*someone* is going to have to come up with a solution to this... I mean we can't be buying licenses for books and materials everytime we get a new computer or device... I mean that would just... well.. you know... create a vacuum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines