• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open my ebook (VE error 59)!

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2007 Mar 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm trying to open my ebook (bought from amazon) I just can't add it to the Library.
Only this message shows up:
Adobe DRM Error
System: 8
State: 4
Code: 59
Class: 1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2007 Mar 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the DRM key stored?

My three-year-old PC developed some intermittent problems so I reformatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows and all my other software. I activated Acrobat Reader using the same NET passport as previously, but my ebooks are now unreadable! The system reports that I am using a different machine.
Adobe Support reset my activation account and I then re-activated Acrobat Reader. This did not fix the problem.

Before wiping my hard drive, I made a disk image of my previous installation. I am able to re-install this image and copy any file or registry entry which I require. Somewhere within this backup must be the DRM key which enabled me to read my ebooks. If I can locate it, I can copy it to my new installation and fix the problem.

Does anyone know where this file is located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2007 Mar 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "reset your activation account" means: having Adobe delete old activations--that would only help if you were up against the 6 machine limit.

Odds are very high that you used a different Passport to reactivate than you used at the time you bought the books. Try reactivating using other email addresses that you might have used at the time you bought the books. As far as I know, that's the only way to access the books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I cannot open my ebook (it ia a abc.zip file. Adobe Reader 8 massage appeared: " Can't open .zip file because it is either not a supported file type or file sent has been damaged (e.g fail by e-mail attachment was not correctly decoded. Please advise what steps should I take to overcome the problem?

From arba8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2007 Apr 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I cannot open my ebook (it ia a abc.zip file. Adobe Reader 8 massage appeared:

Adobe Reader is not meant for opening ZIP files. Try WinZIP.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Ubuntu ver 6.10 and want to download an e-book fromNetLibrary. I have also loaded the latest version of Adobe acrobat and it looks like I can download the e-book but can't open it. This is the message I get: Acrobat Reader could not open ebx(2).edt because it is either not supported file type or because the file has been damaged(for EXAMPLE, IT WAS SENT AS AN EMAIL ATTACHEMENT and wasnt correctly decoded).

Les

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error message, too. I'm trying to open an e-book on a Macbook (Intel w/ 10.4.9 Tiger) with adobe digital editions. When I try to bring the e-book into ADE library, I get the dreaded DRM Error VE 59 message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2007 May 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe 8 and digital editions. If I try to open Adobe's sample books or any library books I get the same message

Adobe DRM Error
System: 8
State: 4
Code: 59
Class: 1

Deleting and reloading Adobe 8 did not work. help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as the other posters, that with my Adobe Reader 8 system I just downloaded I can't open email attachments, getting an error message that it's either not a supported file and has been damaged. What steps do I take to resolve it?
Gil Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2008 Jan 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six months later since last post and I have the same problem. Any ideas what the problem is?

Error Message:
Could not open file because it is either not supported file type or because the file has been damaged(for EXAMPLE, IT WAS SENT AS AN EMAIL ATTACHEMENT and wasnt correctly decoded).

Supposedly this an application crash of some kind? I have Vista and everything worked great a few days ago now nothing?

Thanks Erol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2008 Feb 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the document can't be opened because it is either not a supported file type or because..." a real problem when you want to open a pdf file in a browser; i tried to solve this, but everything was ok... but still had the problem!!! what it worked in my case: i stopped trying to open the file at the same time it was created; i saved the file and AFTER doing that i reoped it and output to the browser the file saved; $f = fopen("file_path", "r"); $file_content = fread($f, filesize($f)); header('Content-type: application/pdf'); header('Content-Disposition: inline; filename="downloaded.pdf"'); print $file_content;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Perhaps the pdf file is damaged by some reason. If necessary, I think you can try a utility called Advanced PDF Repair to repair your PDF file. It works rather well for my corrupt PDF files. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/ Hope this helps.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just bought an eBook and when they asked what format I wanted it in I chose the one that would allow me to use Adobe to read it. I was sent an e-mail with the link to the pdf file, downloaded it but now Adobe won't let me read it. When I try it just says that the file is not supported or is currupted(ex. e-mail attachment was not properly decoded) I have spent the last two days trying to fix this but have been unable to. I even updated from the Adobe Reder 6 ver. to Adobe Reader 8.0 and still nothing. Also tried downloading to desktop and opening it from there but that didn't work eithier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2008 Sep 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of ebook? I have purchased a lot of ebooks from showmemyebooks.com and have never had any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link is http://www.showmemyebooks.com

-JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree to McDonald. I've never had any promblem

Aldo Shoes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error to me , am also not able to open my .zip file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2009 Mar 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I run Windows Vista & IE7. I recently downloaded the 9.1 Adobe reader. Now I get the same error (listed above). Some videos and some pictures open, and not others. One video I got in an email from a family member filmed with video camera.
Should I uninstall this one and download a previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines