Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Edition Problem - I'm spitting mad

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I hope someone can advise me on this - I'm really spitting mad and frustrated.

A while back, I purchased an Adobe digital text that is crucial for my degree. All was fine, until last week, suddenly when I tried to open it, it opens my browser and goes to the Digital editions site. OK, I think, some update. So I run the little program on the page, and it tells me authorizing content (forever), and then tells me that the items can't be added to the library (or words to that effect). So I email the digital books help and ask for assistance - that was a week ago, and I'm still waiting. Eventually, after a week of trying, it makes contact, and I can access the book. Finally, I think. But no, if I'm not connected to the net, then I can't read the book at all. Do they really think that the world is permanently connected to the Net???!!!

I'd really like someone at Adobe to sort this out asap. Apart from anything else, when I made this purchase, the terms and conditions were clear - but there was nothing saying that I had to be connected to the Net in order to read the book. I wonder at the legal implications of changing that requirement after the fact.

Bottom line is that I bought this book, I own it, and I want to read it. That is all there is to it.

I must say that this is the first time I regret buying an electronic version over a paper version.

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2007 Dec 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar problems and have even called their help desk. But basically they told me that I have to turn off my antivirus software but I am not sure how to do that completely.

If you solved your problem please let me know!

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have some problem!

Jocuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines