• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropped PDF scans rendered unreadable in Sony Reader, but readable in Digital Editions

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the web scan feature of my HP PSC 750, I scanned b/w text into a PDF. The resultant file is readable in Acrobat 7.0.9, and also in Adobe Digital Editions 1.0.467, and on a Sony Reader PRS-505. However, when I crop the documents to remove dark margins, the resulting PDF is then unreadable on the Sony Reader. The text is there, but it is 'white' or blanked out. When I search text, the highlights appear where text should be, since the scan is also OCR. It also has the bookmarks I typed in. Has anyone else encountered this situation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps post in the forum for the product you are using to crop with.
If you can share an example (e.g. post on your web site) it could
help.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ha, well, Acrobat Std. However, it wasn't a cropping issue. It's an OCR at 300 DPI issue. At 300 or 600 dpi, the text doesn't show up, but at 150 or 72 DPI, it does. Perhaps there is a bit issue with the eInk screen. At any rate, I'll go to the other forum now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines