• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I display PDF in 'book' or 'facing pages' mode?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean VIEW> PAGE DISPLAY > TWO-UP.

I've created a PDF document designed to be a book. I need the first page (the cover) to come up by itself, or with a blank on the left. Then all subsequent pages to display side by side, odd numbers on the right.

When I open the document in Acrobat Reader Pro it displays it just fine, automatically. But with Adobe Reader it displays page one first, on the left side, and page two on the right ... making the whole document out of sync. There is no blank on the left, nor does it display page one all by itself (as does 'Preview' in Mac).

The document is going out to a dozen people who are helping with the edit. It is imperative that they view it properly. They will all have different Readers. I'd like to recommend they all get Adobe Reader for now (as it is free and comes for both Windows and Mac). But I have to be able to tell them how to set the preferences to get a (BOOK MODE or FACING PAGES).

Any help would be most appreciated, thank you,

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem in both Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.2 and Acrobat Reader 8.

Why have they replaced Facing Pages with Two-Up, or Two-Up Continuous?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2008 Jul 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
see http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b5979c/0
or you could insert a blank back cover and blank inside front cover page prior to the cover and page 1 respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines