Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate DRM on Pocket PC

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2006 Apr 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background:
I bought an eBook, so I (successfully) activated DRM on both my desktop & notebook machines (both running WinXP Pro SP2) with Adobe Reader 7.0.7. I also want to carry the eBook around on my Pocket PC (Sprint/UTStarCom PPC-6700 running WinMob 5.0), so I D/L'd & installed Adobe Reader for PocketPC on the notebook computer and the handheld (via ActiveSync). The reader starts up and runs OK on the handheld.

Problem:
I can't get the DRM Activator to recognize that Adobe Reader for PocketPC is already installed on the host computer. It just posts a window with a link to download the reader plus an error box (client code 46, fault location 2).

Tks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2006 Apr 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having teh same problem. I get the error message client code 6, fault location 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2006 Apr 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a Pocket PC under Windows Mobile 5 : DRM Activator error client code 46 location 2...i bougth 2 ebooks....but impossible to read...
Thanks for your help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I every one, it sounds crazy, but I´ve the same problem with a Dell PDA with WinMob Ver.5.0 OS 5.1.195(Build 14955.2.3.0) and Adobe Reader for Pocket PC 2.0 Build #20040724, I tried DRM activation a lot of times, with the error "client code 6, fault location 1".

I uninstalled Reader and then reinstalled 5 times at least, but I received the same error all time.

Thanks in advance for any sugestion.

MC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2007 Jan 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WM 5 Verison PocketPC and am having the same problem. I'm also using WinXP SP2, AdobeReader 7.0.9.

Very frustrating, as this was the only reason I purchased the eBook - to put on my pda.

Has anyone tried older PC software than 7.0.9? I also wonder if it's something with WM5 or the newest ActiveSync. Very, very frustrating.

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have WM 5.0 and am facing the same problem! I purchased a book that's not available in Microsoft Reader but only in Adobe. The main reason was to put it on my pda. Now I will have to read it on my desktop! Too bad. The other problem is because lot of good stuff is not available in Microsoft Reader, which is a very handy and easy to use reader. The best product from our friends Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have the same problem as everyone here! I'm using Adobe Reader 7.0.9 and I have activated my eBook on my PC laptop, my iBook G4 and my Palm PDA, BUT I can't activate it for my Pocket PC running WM5!! The software doesn't seem to recognise that I have already installed Adobe for Mobile Devices (PocketPC 2.0) and keeps giving me the "error client code 46, fault location 2" message....HELP!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2007 Jun 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem too!! Anyone has any solution!!! Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

It's incredible that this problem has not been solved for over more than one year.

My situation: ETEN Glofiish M700, Windows Mobile 6, ActiveSync 4.5, Adobe Reader 7.0.9. I tried to authorize my device on two various computers (one desktop, one laptop), both running Windows XP. I tried a complete install and uninstall of Adobe applications, nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2007 Sep 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Sprint Mogul and have the same DRM activator issue. I have been searching all day to try to find a solution, but haven't been successful.

I really wish I could just say forget it, but most of the material I am interested in is only available for Adobe and not Mobipocket, otherwise I would install that in a heartbeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every one,
Please submit feature request form for Adobe Reader pocket pc 2.0

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Thank you,
B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2008 Feb 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a request via the page Ben suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
same bug... submitted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines