• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Download Adobe 8 Updater Plug-in

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2007 Mar 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Reader 8, and I am trying to download the Adobe Updater plug-in.<br />When I click on <Help/Check for Updates>, I get the Adobe Updater box which says:<br /><Checking for updates for Adobe Reader 8><br />and is quickly refreshed to: <br /><Checking for updates for Adobe Updater><br /><br />The Adobe Updater box then refreshes to read:<br /><Downloading Update: Adobe Updater plug-in><br /><br />Then it refreshes again to:<br /><No Internet connection was found. Please check your Internet settings or firewall><br /><br />But my computer IS connected to the Internet, and has been for half an hour! IE and OE appear to be functioning correctly.<br /><br />My Internet settings have been working fine for months with everything else, and looking at McAfee Firewall Program Permissions, I see that Adobe Reader 8 and Adobe Updater have Full Access. (Hmm, why is Adobe Updater listed, if I haven't actually downloaded it yet?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith, I'm having the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

Alas, no. I didn't find a solution. Tho one has turned up all by itself. Because I wanted to make Adobe distilled files for Lulu, and also edit my pdfs, I have bought Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard (at a good price on eBay). Having installed Acrobat, it seems to take over from Reader, and even offered to remove Reader during the installation. Just last night I clicked on Update, and the Updater worked all right...

Maybe it would be worth trying reinstalling Adobe Reader 8? Or watch out for a newer version to download?

It seems awfully ironic that Adobe cannot send updates to solve the problem because the updater doesn't work.

Best wishes,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2007 Apr 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to collapse my document bar by double clicking...
please some one help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2007 Jun 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I open adobe 8 it says invalid plugin deducted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2007 Jun 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. Open Adobe Reader 8, Go to "Edit", "Preferences". Under Categories, Select "Internet". Select the Appropriate internet settings for your computer. (probably need to select LAN in "connection speed" if you are running broadband too) It fixed my installation. Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Keith,<br /><br />I am using Acrobat 8.0 Reader through Siebel CRM application and to print or save a report it says the same things:<br /><br /><Checking for updates for Adobe Updater> <br /><br />The Adobe Updater box then refreshes to read: <br /><Downloading Update: Adobe Updater plug-in> <br /><br />Then it refreshes again to: <br /><No Internet connection was found. Please check your Internet settings or firewall> <br /><br />I checked my connection twice and also changed the speed to LAN but still the problem persists.<br /><br />If you found a solution or a work around please revert.<br /><br />Regards, Ankur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just had the same problem after upgrading to Adobe 8 reader. It seems that Adobe Reader 8 does not properly handle internet access via a proxy server.

I changed my internet settings to disable "use proxy server" in Tools, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings. Then it worked fine.

Only problem is that I MUST have proxy server set for my corporate internet access. So I have to disable proxy, update Adobe, and then enable proxy. Bit of a pain but it works.

Richard Wilkinson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, an answer to the Adobe Updater mystery.

Adobe Updater would attempt to run and hang.

Richard above, finally gave me the answer. Disable Proxy access under the Edit>Preferences>Internet>Lan Settings, then run the update and renable to use the Internet as normal.

Too right it is a pain but it does work.

Carman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2007 Sep 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy. Spent all day friday installing CS3 now the thing won't update. Tried all the proxy settings and recs above. Still doesn't work. I get the same error no internet. Called Adobe and not much help. The lady actually said to me: I haven't had any problems installing CS3 on my machines - I works smoothly. I mentioned the price and how I would expect it to work smoothly for me too and she laughed. Haha. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started for me today, and on a Macintosh, no less. Oddly enough, Adobe Update can determine that updates are available, but it cannot actually download them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started for me as well today - worked fine a few days ago. I'm also on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2007 Sep 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say I'm on a Win XP machine SP2, and it does not denote which updates are needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2007 Sep 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on a Mac. The problem started yesterday (Sept 3) on two different Macs, both running CS3. My guess is a bug in the previous updater update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a similar problem on my mac. The way that I fixed it was to use quicksilver (or spotlight) to find the location of any Adobe Updater instances and then delete them (maybe make a backup just in case). I then ran Adobe Reader and clicked on the update link in the Help menu. It would then complain that there is no update manager and that the files are missing. This is fine because it will then go and download the update program and install it for you. It should now update your Adobe Reader installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot open Adobe Reader 8 on my computer.keeps on saying the handle is invalid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe's Knowledge base here's what you need to do

>Solution 1: Download the updates manually.
If you are accessing the internet from behind an authenticating proxy server, download updates manually from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ .

>Solution 2: Add crl.adobe.com to your proxy server exception list.
If you are accessing the internet from behind a non-authenticating proxy, then add crl.adobe.com to the exception list of your proxy server and ensure that port 80 is open. For more information regarding your proxy server exception list and ports, contact your network administrator.

>Solution 3: Delete the Data folder and run the updater again.
If you are accessing the internet from behind a non-authenticating proxy, then delete the Data folder from the Adobe/Updater folder and choose Help > Updates again.
The Data folder is found in the following location:
-- Mac OS: Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Updater folder
-- Windows: Document and Settings/[username]/Application Data/Adobe/Updater

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=331931&sliceId=2

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I had the same problem with the updater not finding a internet connection. After some digging I checked my zonealarm firewall and it was blocking the outgoing update every time. I set the firewall to allow the Adobe Updater by setting it to be a trusted program and it did the trick.

It is possible that windows firewall is doing the same thing. The updater works fine now that it is a trusted program within my firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2008 Apr 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update function has failed on my copy. With there being quite a lot of downloads to carry out, it is very inconvenient having to do these manually. We use this program constantly as with most company formation businesses, our documents are in Adobe formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2008 May 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows EX SP2 and Highspeed internet with IE 7 and Google Browser. For some reason all of a sudden I cannot connect to Adobe.com either by just trying to go directly from the browser or from one of my Adobe products (Photoshop 6 and Premier Elements) in the "On line help". I will partially connect to Adobe but the home page then freezes and my cursor turns into the hourglass and I have to use the Task Manager to close it out. I created a separate User on my PC and from that users site I can access Adobe no problem. I would rather have it all available under my main User / Administrator name and not have to switch back and forth. I have even gone so far as to turn off ALL my security settings, firewalls, etc and made Adobe.com a trusted site but still same results. Adobe said that it is a "permission to access" problem but they could give me no solution. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I can go to any other web site of my choosing but Adobe.com. If anyone can help please let me know. Rickhart@cox.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2008 May 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having very similar problems as you Rick. Please come back here and post if you find a solution.

Problems like this make me sooooooooooooo mad!!!

-Jesse
[link deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've installed Photoshop then you must have the "Adobe photo downloader" running in the system tray for any Adobe update to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'd left the error "No Internet connection was found. Please check your Internet settings or firewall" on the screen.

There had been an internet connection throughout, but all of a sudden when I returned to it to try some of the suggestions above, the progress bar began to move and then the check proceeded succesfully. I didn't touch anything to cause that to happen.

I'd guess that was about 5-10minutes after I'd initially asked it to begin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines