• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with fonts in merged projects

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2007 Nov 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you'll be patient with me. I haven't used RoboHelp in a few years and need a bit of a refresher. The documentation I have seems to be out of date, even though I'm using RoboHelp 5.

Anyway, I've created three projects and have merged the two smaller projects into the larger main project. After I created the merges, I realized that the font style needed to be changed. I changed the font style for each of the individual projects and regenerated both the individual sub-projects and the main project.

Whilst the individual projects all reflect the font style changes, when I view the main projects with the merged projects, the content from the two merged projects do not reflect the font style modifications. I've tried deleting and recreating the merges and regenerating the individual projects but nothing seems to work.

The documentation I've been provided with seems to be from RoboHelp 4 and a great deal of it doesn't match the product I'm working with. Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Trip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2007 Nov 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. I went into the Microsoft_HTML_Help folder for the main project and deleted the CHM files for the merged projects. Then I deleted the merge links from the TOC of the main project. Finally, I recreated the links and regenerated the project. The correct font styles appeared both in the main project files and the merged files. Thanks. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tripwire!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting the solution - it's great to have answers online.

Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Elisa.

I usually try to work through a problem until it seems apparent that I don't have enough information to get to a solution. Of course, after I post a query, I still end up trying to find an answer and occasionally I get to it before a reply comes. Glad to post whatever I can and I look forward to more interactions here. Cheers.

-Trip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp