• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when opening .chm file

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a .Winhelp help project to HTML and generated .chm file. The .chm file opens just fine on my local hard drive. Then I check in this .chm file into Visual Source Safe where we store all of our files. When I get a copy or check out this same .chm file from Visual Source Safe on to my local hard drive, it refuses to open and displays the error message:

Cannot open the file: mk:@MSITStore:C:\SOURCESAFE\Enterprise\ENT5.0\Documentation\Help\CHM\ptwin.chm

The same behavior occurs even when other people get a copy of this file on to their hard drive. How can I resolve this problem? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly. Visual Source Safe should only be used to check in / out source files not the output files. Personally I would never use VSS to store the .chm file and find another way to distribute the file.

Can you try putting the .chm file in your desktop and opening it from there.
Double check the permissions on the .chm file once it has been checked out. Did you check it out or just use the get file option?

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Mandavilli,

This thread suggests that the chm file has become corrupted somehow, and that deleting the CPD file and recompiling solved the issue, although there is no mention of VSS. It might be worth trying, in any case.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp