• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening M4A Files

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice Audition won't open M4A files. Is there a plugin that can be downloaded to make this happen?

I suppose I could copy my M4A's to CD and open them that way.... as long as during the copy process no loss of quality happens to the files. Kind of a pain to copy them all to disc and open them as track 1, track 2. etc., instead of the original name of the files.
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Apple Quicktime Filter at http://www.vuplayer.com/audition.php.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, I have installed the filter on both Audition 1.5 and Audition CC (2104) successfully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that this is a 7 year old topic and the answer applies to a very old version of Audition.  Since the time this thread was created, there have been many changes to the way Audition handles video.

In order to answer you, we'll need to know more details of you system, the version of Audition you're using and details of the video you're trying to open.

You could tag it on here if you really want to but I'd suggest you start your own topic instead to avoid confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get anything to go in the Audition folder from WinRAR. Heaven help us if the program actually just let you copy and paste it in, that would be too easy. When I tried to go back and unpack it to the Audition main folder (I am assuming that's where it's supposed to go. The instructions said program folder), it said I don't have permission. It's silly when things are made this difficult. It makes me wonder if it will work once I do get them in the right place. Can you provide a simple solution to get these files where they need to be, and express what folder they actually need to be in?

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work. I downloaded WinZip and it handled the chore. It's not an ARTARD program like WinRAR and will actually do what it's supposed to.

I put the qt filter in the main folder and it worked, Audition opens M4A files now. It's interesting, the info they put in the M4A files will not allow you to preview the songs in Audition but WILL let you open them up lol. Another thing that is interesting is Adobe is telling me the songs are at different bit rates than what iTunes are claiming. At iTunes you pretty much get everything at 256 (sometimes 128). However, Audition is saying some songs are at 258, 261, 252, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be a problem with WinRar. The downloaded file is actually a ZIP file. Windoze XP supports opening ZIP files natively.

If you right-click on the downloaded ZIP file and choose "Explore" then this native ZIP access kicks in and you will see the two files "qt.flt" and "qfilter.txt". You should be able to highlight and copy these to sysdrive:\Program Files\Adobe\Audition 3.0 folder.

--Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going through the same problem. Thanks for sharing and helping out.

Cheers,

Adam@pheromones.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic!

Thank you for this. I had to update Quicktime & reboot first & then it worked brilliantly!

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you to open and edit your .m4a format file on adobe audition take this step.

1. Open your Adobe audition.

2. Go to Edit menu.

3. Go to Preferences.

4. Click-on Media & Disk cache

5. And click Enable DLMS Format support.

Now you can open and edit your m4a format file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a five year old topic when the instructions you give wouldn't work with Audition at that stage of it's development at AA v.3. DLMS support only came in recent versions of Audition from about CS6 onward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this worked like a charm - 7 years later, on Adobe Audition CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines