Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spontaneous Full Motion Recording

Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I have an issue that began yesterday. I'm using Captivate 2 on Windows XP. When I'm recording a demonstration, full motion recording is being turned on even when I'm not dragging and dropping anything. I've turned off the automatic full motion capture but for the life of me I can't figure out what is causing this. My mouse seems to be working fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jschulze

Are you by chance pressing the F9 key? Or possibly have you remapped the key that begins Full motion recording? By default, F9 starts and F10 stops full motion.

To check the assignments, click Options > Recording Options... > Change Recording Keys tab.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not pressing F9. In fact my hands aren't anywhere near the keyboard and I haven't remapped any of the keys. I'm going to try switching out my mouse and see if that does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok. Replacing my mouse didn't fix the problem and I just had another issue where I recorded a demonstration. I ended the recording session and nothing happened. I close Captivate, reopened and tried recording but got a message that I had another recording session running. Had to go to Task Manager and end the process before I could try recording again.

Getting close to Halloween, must be gremlins! : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources