This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
There is a tag with the embedded profile name in the DNG file. You probably did not modify that. See the DNG 220.127.116.11 spec.
I didn't, just changed values in matrices (there were no 1.2 specification at the time).
Thanks for quick answering.
Alex, note that the DNG 1.2 SDK also has some code to work with the new extended profile format. And the FAQ page has some sample code for getting started:
(ed: Link fixed)
Typo in link: labs.stage.adobe.com -> labs.adobe.com
thanks for answering. I read the documentation in the meantime.
As an explanation, this was only an experiment, I noticed this and thought it could be some bug, so I reported it. As I understand, implementing of DNG 1.2 started already in previous version odf ACR and introduction of ProfileName tag caused change of its behaviour
I did this because I had a small program for changing matrices in DNG that I written before, for use with dng-s from Canon Powershot compacts. As you maybe know, there is a software available on the internet (CHDK), that enables raw in those compacts, which can be converted to dng by another program (DNG4PS). Of course, ACR doesn't have matrices for these cameras and matrices written in those dng-s (mostly taken from Coffin's dcraw) are quite off (position of primary colors and white balance), so I sorted it myself for my A620. As I wasn't satisfied with colors in red range, produced by ACR from my 400D raws, I tried the same thing on raws from 400D (instead of using sliders in calibration tab)
After introduction of color profiles, this won't be necesarry anyway, as I see reds are much better now (that is also stated in Profile Editor FAQ)
Cool, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.