1 2 3 Previous Next 167 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2015 10:03 AM by navaneethak39838035

CS4 Installation Problems

I tried to install Adobe CS4 Design Premium (upgrade) to my system. It will not install because I keep getting an error message that Internet Explorer is running. However, Internet Explorer is NOT running. I called customer support, but did not get the problem fixed. I even uninstalled Microsoft Internet Explorer, but that did not fix the problem. I am about ready to send this thing back.
        • 1. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and check if there's an item named iexplore.exe in the Processes tab. If there is, close any instances of it manually. If it keeps opening up you should scan your computer for viruses and other malware. Also, you should contact Adobe Technical Support, not Customer Service.
          • 2. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
            Level 1
            Thank you try67. I did have a virus. After cleaning up my system, I was able to get rid of iexplore.exe and the install Adobe CS4.
            Thanks again,
            I must note here that the Adobe Technical Support could not solve the problem.

Jerry
            • 3. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
              I am trying to install Creative Suite 4 Web Premium. All goes well until the "progress" bar for the first installation disk reaches mid point, and then my computer crashes (blue screen), and then reboots. My pc, an Acer Aspire 5100 notebook pc meets all the requirements for installation. I have the Vista Premium operating system installed, and have 4 gigs of ram. I am installing it on my D: drive as my C: drive doesn't have enough space. I've also tried to install just Acrobat 9 and Photoshop, but it still crashes. (Interesting coincidence: A couple weeks ago, my Snagit 9 screen capture software started crashing my pc to blue screen whenever I use it.) ANY IDEAS?
              • 4. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee
                Paul,

There is nothing in Adobe's Creative Suite or its installer that can cause a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Such a situation may be caused only by a non-recoverable hardware failure or a programming error either in the operating system or a low level device driver, i.e. code running in Windows' privileged mode. The fact that you were getting BSOD when running SnagIt also points to system software or hardware problems that predate your attempt to install CS4. Please get your system's hardware diagnosed, check for newer device drivers, and finally, also check for any viruses or malware that may have installed some privileged code on your system.

- Dov
                • 5. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                  Paul, follow Dov's excellent advices, but also be aware that even if you install the CS4 applications on the D drive you still need plenty of space on your C drive for it to work efficiently. This is not related, however, to the BSOD you're getting.
                  • 6. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                    Tried to install CS4 design standard (student licensing) to my windows XP 32 computer.
                    Able to install all with the exception of Indesign. Although it comes as a single DVD, I am getting the following: Please insert adobe cs4 design standard disc 2 into drive d.
                    Is anyone aware of a solution to the problem?
                    Thanks,
                    Naomi
                    • 7. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                      I am having the same problem, Naomi. Can't get InDesign to install. Keeps asking to insert disk 2. My computer is an HP Vista 64-bit. Any solutions?!

Thanks
                      Rachael
                      • 8. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                        (James_Laughlin_Marshall)
                        I am having the same problem installing the full CS4 suite. Adobe hasn't been much help to this issue just yet! Any ideas anyone?
                        • 9. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                          Error: I was able to install CS4 on a Dell windows XP fully, but when I launch photoshop I receive an error 0xc0000005 . and reports that pohotoshop needs to close. Does anyone have any ideas?
                          • 10. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                            Level 1
                            Anyone having problems with CS4 Student Version Design Standard:

The product was sent out as incomplete - it is missing disc 2. Adobe is taking priority to people that have received an incomplete product and e-mails can be sent to them at:

custservice@adobe.studentlicensing.com
                            • 11. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                              In my case it will just not install to the D: drive. Due to space limitations I only have 5.5GB left on my C: drive so I've been installing apps in a Program Files folder on my D: drive. Been doing this for a while, even all of my CS3 Premium paks were installed there. However, when installing CS4 Master Collection and selecting the D: drive as destination, the space available updates to reflect the space on that drive [125GB], the space needed shows some 16GB, and the warning that there is insufficient space is also displayed. That warning doesn't go away until I deselect components to get under the 5.5GB point. Then it proceeds to install, but to the C: drive! Have tried this twice, with identical results. I'm running XP Pro SP3 with 4GB RAM on a core duo quad processor.
                              • 12. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                Installing CS4 Design Premium upgrade on Win XP SP3.

The "Checking System Profile" has been slowly progressing for about 40 minutes, so far, and has not progressed. This was after the installation caused several reboots.

Have already checked for virii and nothing found. The Setup.exe does not appear to be consuming CPU time in Task Manager. The system idle is consuming 99%. No dvdrom and hd drive lights. What gives?

Norm
                                • 13. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                  I upgraded from Photoshop CS4 to Creative Suite CS4 Web Premium this week. When I launch Photoshop now I do NOT see Photoshop CS4 "Extended", it appears to only be regular Photoshop CS4 (not with Extended Features :-(

The "About Photoshop" dialog box has NO indication it is Extended version and when I look for features particular to Extended version
                                  (e.g., 3D and Analysis) I see NOTHING?

Any ideas?
                                  • 14. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                    BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional
                                    Are you sure you got Web Premium? Web Standard only has the standard
                                    version of Photoshop.

Bob
                                    • 15. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                      Level 1
                                      Yes, it's web premium.

OK, I just now stumbled on the solution...

I ran Photoshop CS4 (installed as part of Web Premium) and "Deactivated" the license for Photoshop upon which it exits out of the program. Upon running it again, well SUPRISE, there's Photoshop CS4 EXTENDED :-)

I'm in buisness :-)
                                      • 16. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                        Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)
                                        Norm,

Be sure you've got your antivirus turned off completely during the installation.

Peter
                                        • 17. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                          i got cs4 extended installed properly and it worked great for like almost a week but i had to do a system restore to get ride of some spyware i had on my computer and i went back about 2 hours before i had cs4 on there so it unstalled and now when i got to the setup it get to 90% and will sit there for days and not budge any ideas???
                                          • 18. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                            CS4 Clean Script: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html
                                            • 19. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                              CS4 installing on Vista ~ keep getting message installed with errors, when I try to run the Photoshop I get a message that components are missing in the application directory, need to reinstall, have reinstalled several times with no luck, any help would be appreciated
                                              • 20. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)
                                                First, be sure you are logged in on an administrator account and turn off User Access Control. Uninstall before you try to re-install again, and make sure you turn off anti-virus and other background programs during installation.
                                                • 21. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                                  Dov,

I also got a blue screen trying to upgrade to CS4 Design Premium. To test your hardware failure theory, I attempted installing it on several other machines (XP & Vista) and had the same result.

1st disc installs smoothly, but when I get to disc 2, it always crashes on InDesign. All other components have been installed and work fine.
                                                  • 22. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                                    MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional
                                                    Could be a bad disk.

Mike
                                                    • 23. Re: CS4 Installation Problems
                                                      Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee
                                                      Problem could readily be a bad physical disk which triggers an error that the Microsoft CD/DVD driver doesn't properly handle. Again, nothing that Adobe's installer could readily detect or cause. Call Adobe Customer Support and request a replacement DVD. There should be absolutely no charge for such a replacement. (If they give you hassles about this, ask for a supervisor - s