Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download failure Digital Editions for DRM'd ebooks

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are an ebook retailer and have encountered numerous customer problems today where they follow the steps of installing Adobe Reader 8 and Digital Editions and still get referred back to the link for Adobe reader 2.2 when they go to download. We have been successfully guiding people through Adobe Reader 7 installs, activations and downloads for the last six months.

The other problem is that there is nothing in the download link that tips them off to the existence and need for Digital Editions for secure ebooks.

Any hints to help us on the installation process and secure ebook downloads?

Also, can you change the links to drop the Adobe Reader 2.2 link altogether and to make the need for Digital Editions apparent to the buyer.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, suggestions or other help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a book the other day. I have Acrobat Pro and Reader 8 installed on my systems. And it would go through the download process and at the last second would error out and my book would not open. I went through this several times and hit the limit of how many times I could download the book.

And guess what? It was Adobe Press's "Flash Pro CS3 Classroom in a Book." How ironic is that? I finally had to cancel and get a refund for the book after they reset my downloads and I tried again several times.

I think the death of eBooks is near. I'm gonna go kill a tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric-
Can you please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/? We would like to help you resolve this issue, but I think it will be more efficient through email. Thanks, Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ric,

I sent an email last week. No reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on this. Have replied to your mail. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2007 Aug 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I'm new to the ebook experience and after 2 hours of fooling with it, I'm ready to toss the computer out the window. I too have downloaded my ebook the allowed amount of times and now can no longer access it. After the download, it comes up with the error message DRM Error error on request or response from server I have gone through the DRM activator list several times to get error again. It keeps telling me I need to be connected to the internet. I Am. Is this because I am dial up? I live in the sticks and that's all I can get. I'm thinking killing trees is the way to go.
Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2007 Aug 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely annoying: Adobe should really pay attention and post something that indicates they are working on the issue. Better yet, PROVIDE A FIX.

For the first time, I decided to go for the eBook approach and go green. I get the following error several times.

Adobe DRM Error
System: 7
State: 4
Class: 15
Code: 31
Please check your network connection and try again.
Scroll below or view error.log for more details.
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.
Adobe DRM Activator error (client code 31; HTTP code 555).
Fault location: 15
--- end ---

ADOBE lets get a move on and get a FIX IN PLACE ASAP. Can anyone tell me who's their COMPEITION and FUNCTIONAL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Where is the solution from Adobe? I could not find it on this thread. Has anyone tried Microsoft Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2007 Sep 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to read any of my ebooks. Does anyone know what's going on? I get the following message

Adobe DRM Error
System: 8
Class: 65
Code: 44
Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I get this message:
- Adobe DRM Error
- System 9
- State 4
- Class 20
- Code 31
What can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i just started reading ebooks but am now experiencing the same problem as novella
Adobe DRM Error

could anyone help me with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased an e-book and can not view it correctly because of this DRM error:

Adobe DRM Error
System: 5
Class: 0
Code: 0
---end---

When I open digital editions, it shows that error immediately, and I can only view the title page of my ebook. Whats wrong? I really need to view this ebook for college....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2007 Oct 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the following error message with Adobe e-books which I purchased, with the result that the book does not open (ever).

Adobe DRM Error
Class: 65603
Code: 147
I sent an email request to Adobe support over a month ago and have yet to hear back from them. If there are any U.S. attorneys out there, I think it's about time to consider a class action lawsuit. We pay for the books which are digitized using Adobe technology and which are marketed to us as being readable using Adobe technology - why shouldn't we get what we paid for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2007 Oct 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim_Adobe: To whom did you send the email? I get all the emails sent to and I answer ALL of them as best I can. The error you see above is that the "signature" of your computer appears to have changed. Could you please contact us directly so we can try to determine what has happened? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2007 Oct 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Customer Support/Customer Service HELL! Over 6 HOURS of Please may I help you, Thank you...
It is driving me NUTS... NO ONE IN India Knows what DRM Activator is!!!!

Acrobat 6.0.5 has been flawless for past 7 classes... Final is tomorrow and eBooks went T___ UP!!! Last Sunday I could no longer print, getting a drawing error/memory error. So shut down all but Acrobat. NO JOY!!!
Worked today led to totally removing all Acrobat files on MAC OS 10.4.10. Reloaded Acrobat 6.0.0 and then the five upgrades from the Adobe web site...
Now I can no longer open eBooks. After another hour on phone, I got someone to delete the 6 activations from previous struggles.... As the new error message says I have exceeded my activation limit of 6. WELL, the help screen says I can activate 1000 times!!! REALLY!!! Person deleted 6 activations and now.... I get:
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
User's signature is invalid. Please reactivate....
been on phone going on 2 hours now and they are CLUELESS!!! I am on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor... Yeah, Right!!!!

This is why MONOPOLIES are against the LAW!!! Maybe a class action law suite would get them off the DIME!!!

Do you think I am just a little upset???

Ray Potts
raypotts@san.rr.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for the server interruption. It should now be fixed. Please contact me directly if you are still seeing this error. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Me Adobe One Kanobe; You're my only hope!

Now I can't open any of my eBooks

Adobe DRM Error

Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted Steve Gangey directly. For all DRM errors, feel free to post your questions, but I suggest that you submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i stop downloads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
IN the current version there is no such capability. We will be adding it in a subsequent release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines