• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No images on pdfs using the new Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2007 Sep 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open an e-book using Acrobat 8, but I was obliged to download and install the new digital editions.
Most of the pdfs were imported ok, the exception being an e-book which doesn't show any image at all - front-page included.
Trying to open the e-book using "open with" doesn't work - I still get the download page.
Can you help me ?
Many thanks.
Alain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2007 Sep 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ebooks open ok on this end. I just have a different problem of having the program disappear after reboot. I have to re-install it at least 3 times a week! I think this program has many bugs that need to be worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen, Can you please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/? Disappearing installs is something completely knew and we would like to figure that out.

Alain, do you know if the images in the book were JPEG2000? This type of image is not currently supported by Digital Editions. Can you tell us something about the book or where you got it?

Thanks,
Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i purchased two books from file planet. Text is fine, background colour is fine, pictures....not one. Suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<Alain, do you know if the images in the book were JPEG2000? This type of image is not currently supported by Digital Editions. >>

I don't know, unfortunately.
However, I looked at the "item infos", and I saw the following warning : "Document uses unsupported PDF feature".
So it could be a problem with JPEG2000 or an equivalent format. Do you know when it will be supported?

<<Can you tell us something about the book or where you got it? If you prefer, contact us directly at digitaleditions@adobe.com >>

I bought it at ebooks.com

Regards
Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2007 Sep 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i think i found problem. The items, under info have listed "Document is using unsupported pdf feature".

So i get/buy this item, has to be used in adobe, which in the end adobe does not support item. Total bs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased an Archaeology book (R. Bradley's Archaeology of Britain & Ireland), my first using Adobe Digital Editions.

Is there any explanation as to why no images appear (including the cover)?

The software seemeed to download OK, as did the actual copy of the book and I got no apparent error messages. The text of the book is all there and functioning but none of the 70+ illustrations which are essential to follow the arguement.

Surely you can't take money for a book which does not contain all the content, unless this is made clear up front? Can someone please clarify this.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2007 Oct 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant see the pictures of an ebook with the adobe digital editions, how can i open the book with other program or with the acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2007 Oct 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just installed "Adobe Digital Editions" and downloaded an E-book (The focal easy guide to Adobe Encore 2.0 from Jeff Bellune). When loading I've got exactly the same effect as you described. So I've downloaded it again - and suddenly the first few pages showed the pictures / graphics. A third try of downloading didn't show any further improvement - next to the message from the supplier that my access right are blocked. Finally I've tried to open the file with my Acrobat 7.0 Professional - didn't work. I don't think that the problem is on the network side (I have a 2Mb/1Mb Internet access). Now I'm going to write the supplier that I want to step down from the contract and want the money back. This technology seems still a long way from being practically usable.

Regards,
Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2007 Oct 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the message I got when I contacted the e-books supplier through their contact email on the page that sells the books.

I am checking to see if any other format might work, otherwise I'll get a refund, and hope that they get it working before too long, because the overall idea I think is good.

Sent: Tue 16/10/2007 00:21
To: MAY, Keith
Subject: RE: Download Problems

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your message, unfortunately the new Adobe Digital Editions required to download the ebook has a known issue displaying some images embedded in certain ebooks. Unfortunately we are unable to change this format so the reader will display the images.

I apologize for the trouble if you would prefer a refund or exchange for another title or a different format please let me know.

Best wishes,
The eBooks.com Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2007 Oct 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the message I got when I contacted the e-books supplier through their contact email on the pages that sell the books.

I am checking to see if any other format might work, otherwise I'll get a refund, and hope that they get it working before too long, because the overall idea I think is good.

Sent: Tue 16/10/2007 00:21
To: MAY, Keith
Subject: RE: Download Problems

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your message, unfortunately the new Adobe Digital Editions required to download the ebook has a known issue displaying some images embedded in certain ebooks. Unfortunately we are unable to change this format so the reader will display the images.

I apologize for the trouble if you would prefer a refund or exchange for another title or a different format please let me know.

Best wishes,
The eBooks.com Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on adding support for JPEG2000 but for the time being DE does not support that format. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ric any way to open the ebooks without DE atm since you changed to a system that does not support half the images on the net?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2007 Nov 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you uninstall adobe 8 and reinstall adobe 7 you can view the ebooks that wont show images in DM. though you may need to request a new download key for it from the place you bought it. waiting on my new key from FP for my prima guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Play Magazine Girls of Gaming from File Planets D2Drive and no images show. Can't figure out if jpeg2k as opening settings crashes program. Win XP. Reader 8.1.1. Tried to open in PS CS3 to no avail. Says need to disable all security on file?

This program is not ready. Forcing it on people who have paid for a digital download is simply bad business. "Sorry for the inconvenience" doesn't cut it. I'm sure File Planet isn't too pleased either with the number of people asking for refunds because their product can't be viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly because the images in that file are encoded in JPEG2000 format. We are working to add support for that in Digital Editions, but in the meantime, your only alternative is to revert to Reader 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alain,

If you have Acrobat 8, uninstall the new Digital Editions. Then download and install Acrobat Reader 7. You will probably need to Authorise Device and redownload your book:

In Adobe Reader 7, go to File, Digital Editions, and Authorise Device. (Make sure you have uninstalled the new version of Digital Editions), then follow the online wizard, you need a .Net or AdobeID to do this.

When the Authorisation is complete, redownload the ebook from your ebook store and this time it should use Adobe Reader 7 which will display all the images.

It worked for me, hope you have the same result.

Kind Regards
Damian Eastwood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help. I'll try this asap.
Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Stephen..Only in todays age, can a company make a product that's "better", when it doesn't perform the simple tasks that it's predecessor did.

Every company is so darn worried about piracy and plagiarism, that they rush a product down the assembly line, force an upgrade, and then let the poor customer work out the bugs for them...It's not good business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to download adobe reader 7.0 but I can't seem to find any place to download it from; no matter how many different types of google searches I use. Anyone know where it can be downloaded from?

I'm getting the same problems with digital editions not showing pics of purchased ebooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to dig a bit to find the All version page. Select your OS (but remember to say XP if you are using Vista - Reader 7.0 is not officially supported on Vista). and then select the version you want

Jim Lester

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just purchased an ebook online and what a stupid mistake i made, i will never buy another ebook again and Adobe's software, particularly this dumb Digital Editions Rubbish.

What good is it for portability when you cannot even transfer that ebook you purchased to another computer of yours especially your laptop?. I happened to have 6 pcs and one laptop in my home.

Please for sanity's sake fix this problem once and for all. We are NOT proud of your software anymore.

Extremely Disappointed User

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think that is the fix for it. Tried it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhh so nice, just install reader 7, oh wait, no reader 7 for my intel mac... thanks a lot adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we do ebook conversions and with this new upgrade, our images are not showing . . . .     what is going on Adobe.  they are not jpeg 2000 images.  some are showing others are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines