• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vista(?) bug involving period character in user name

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Vista Ultimate, fully patched up-to-date. My primary user account begins with 2 period (.) characters. When loading DE, it hangs at around 75% initializing, i.e. completely black window, just the little initializing box in the middle. Used an account I created for GTA:SA which suffers a similar problem, and the app loaded fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a bug, which we will check out. But I am puzzled by the statement "Used an account I created for GTA:SA which suffers a similar problem, and the app loaded fine." COuld you explain this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has a similar bug, whereby it refuses to load saved games if there is a period character anywhere in the user name. In order to play the game, I created a second user account with no punctuation in the username. When using Digital Editions on this second user account, there are no issues whatsoever, leading me to believe the period characters are the likely cause of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have logged a bug and we will resolve it in the next release. Thanks for being helpful!

And thanks for helping out the non-gamer here. One of my developers also pointed out my ignorance with great amusement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

🙂

ps I'm looking into the pathing issues on Mac and Windows, thanks for another one to look at.

Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines