Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Reinstalled - now I cannot open my purchased eBooks

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had reinstalled my PC recently but now I cannot open any of my eBooks. I get DRM errors saying that the purchase has already been fulfilled. I cannot even get support on Digital Editions because the offical Adobe support site does not list Digital Editions in the dropdown listbox among the other products.

Can someone from Adobe please help me get this sorted out as it is keeping me from getting my work done. This is HIGHLY frustrating.

Please help me get the sorted out ASAP.

Regards
Jerrie Pelser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you "re-installed" your PC, what does this mean? Did you re-format your hard disk, upgrade to Vista, or?? When you purchased your eBooks, did you use named activation (Microsoft Passport or Adobe ID) or "anonymous" activation? Did you purchase the books and download them with Acrobat/Reader or DE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ric,<br /><br />I had XP on my machine, but started to experience some problems. I did a brand new XP installation (re-partitioned and re-formatted the harddrive as well).<br /><br />I did not do any sort of named activation as far as I am aware of. I simply opened the ebx.etd files and it downloaded the books automatically.<br /><br />Now when I try and open the one book (in other words open the ebx.etd file in Digital Editions) I get the following error:<br /><br />Adobe DRM Error<br />System: 5<br />State: 4<br />Class: 400<br />Code: 19<br />Message: Error on response from server.<br />Scroll below or view error.log for more details.<br /><br />Adobe DRM client Error: 419<br />The voucher for this document has already been fulfilled or the ETD file is no longer valid.<br />Server Code: 410<br /><br />410 Gone<br />(18) OrderID <EDITED OUT> has already been fulfilled<br />Requested URL: http://203.188.156.74/fulfill/ebx.etd ?action=purchase &orderid=<EDITED OUT>&bookid=EBK:<EDITED OUT><br /><br />--- end ---<br /><br />When I try and open the ebx.etd for the second book I get the following error: <br /><br />IOError on Network Request.<br />Please check your network connection and try again.<br /><br />Network Path:<br />http://ebook2.lightningsource.com/TitleDownload/LSCFD.dll?sku=<EDITED OUT>&oid=<EDITED OUT>=&idtype=SKU&fname=<EDITED OUT><br /><br />Event Detail:<br />Error #2038<br />--- end ---<br /><br />I am really getting frustrated as I need the information in the second book for my work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Jerrie Pelser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerrie-

This is very unfortunate. Please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2007 Jul 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite to Vista. I installed Adobe 8.1. I had a textbook I had ordered in Digital/Adobe eContent through MBS Direct. I tried to open the Textbook, but got an error stating unable to load the book. The vendors site now says I have to have version 7.0.9 to use the digital editions from their site.

So I installed Adobe Reader 7.0.9. Now when I go to activate the 7.x reader; I go to File Menue then select Digital Editions - then activate. A browser window opens (popup blockers are off). I get a message asking to download a file.

I then get the following error, "The use of Adobe DRM features requires that only certified plug-ins be loaded. Do you wish to restart Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat with only certified plug-ins? I chose "Yes".

It restarts and gives the same error upon attempting to reactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2007 Jul 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as Jerrie and I've just spent $150.00 US on Ebooks that I cant read. Same sort of error message but I'm on a Mac. So many hoops to jump through for this stuff. It is extremely frustrating.

Please help

Cheers Steve Gardiner

G4 Powerbook OSX 10.4.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2007 Dec 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Owen. New laptop, Vista, Adobe Reader 7.0.9, then the same message when trying ot activate the device. Anybody with any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2007 Dec 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Owen. New laptop, Vista, Adobe Reader 7.0.9, the same message when trying to activate. Anybody having any ideas?

Tamas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several different threads here. These are not the same problems (or even the same software, as far as I can tell). Can the people on this thread please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just purchased an ebook online and what a stupid mistake i made, i will never buy another ebook again and Adobe's software, particularly this dumb Digital Editions Rubbish.

What good is it for portability when you cannot even transfer that ebook you purchased to another computer of yours especially your laptop?. I happened to have 6 pcs and one laptop in my home.

Please for sanity's sake fix this problem once and for all. We are NOT proud of your software anymore.

Extremely Disappointed User

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try and be nicer in asking. I purchased one ebook (iUniverse). I made the mistake of downloading it to a computer I am getting rid of. I tried to transfer it to my new computer, but am told I cannot do it because of rights. I was told to register with Moicrosoft Live ID(I did). I also installed Adobe 8 reader (hoping this would help. It did not.

What a mess. How do I tell my new computer that I own this file? Am I limited to 2 computers? I have laptop, a home computer (both XP) and a Palm device. Having all 3 would allow me to read under different conditions. How do I register my original computer with Microsoft Live ID and then have Adobe change my manifest?

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2008 Jan 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a XP laptop that I have recent reformated. Most of my college class books were purchased as Adobe Digital editions. When they were originally downloaded they opened up just fine in Adobe Acrobat 7.0. I backed them up before reformatting and now they will not open. It says I do not own them and it wants me to register. I register using Net Passport and it still will not open them. I did not do any sort of named activation when I first downloaded them I simply downloaded the files from my school and opened them in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2008 Jan 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ric Wright or whomever,

I purchased an ebook about a year or so ago which was downloaded to my WinXP computer. Recently, I bought a new computer with Vista installed. When I try to open the ebook pdf file with either Reader 8 or Acrobat 7.0 I get the following message: "The use of Adobe DRM features requires that only certified plug-ins be loaded. Do you wish to restart Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat with only certified plug-ins?"

I have pressed both yes and no and tried Reader, Acrobat and Scansoft PDF Converter all to the same effect--It won't open.

What is the fix for this apparently prevalent problem?

Thank you.
danleik@insightbb.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact us about DRM issues (which all of the above are). Please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did .I contacted you by sunrise_sahar@yahoo.com about the folowing error but i still did not recieve any answer.
would you please kindly help me?thanks for your attention.
--------------this is the compelete error message--------------

Adobe DRM Error
System: 5
State: 4
Class: 400
Code: 19
Scroll below or view error.log for more details.Adobe DRM client Error: 419
The voucher for this document has already been fulfilled or the ETD file is no longer valid.
Server Code: 410410 Gone
(18) OrderID 963708828827027 has already been fulfilledRequested URL:
http://66.135.49.27/fulfill/ebx.etd ?action=purchase &orderid=963708828827027 &bookid=EBK:000258931
--- end ---

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Folks, please do not multiple post!!! One new post per topic is all you really need!

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines