• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 things - Server and Adding

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2007 Oct 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am owner of a web design & development firm, and create many newsletters and .pdf documents.

I would like to make these available for people to view online with the capabilities of Adobe Digital Editions.

Please can you tell me, how they can view my newsletters found on my portfolio page with Digital Editions. Obviouslly they would have to install and download the program first, but then how would my newsletter by within the digital edition program for them to view? How do they add it to their installation/program?

OR

Is there a way to run Digital Editions from my web server, which would then already include 5 or so newsletters (.pdf) documents that I have created I would love to make these available to people online but how do I do this, so that the program runs successfully from my web site?

Look forward to your suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Yes, as you noted your visitors would need to have Digital Editions installed. They'd also need to make a local copy of your newsletters and then add them to the Library. (From the Library view there's an "Add Item to Library..." option in the menu.)

Having said that, I'd really like to provide you with an approach like you'd see on the demo library, where there's a badge that says, "Read" where it opens the Newsletter in Digital Editions, I just don't know how to do that (yet.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Paul.

How would I get Digital Editions installed on my server for my web site, so people can view & read online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Sorry, there's not a way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As Paul notes, we are working on providing support for this. If you have DRM protected content, you probably want to look at ADEPT For non-DRM protected content we are looking into how to provide such support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines