Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Text shown, images and table borders are shown

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2007 Nov 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't get that, why the hell do you guys have to develop a special application for this ebooks. Why can't you just let us read the ebooks with the Adobe Reader?!?

Anyway, my problem caused by Adobe Digital Editions is the following:
I've got an ebook which i was able to read some weeks ago. A few days this worked without problems.
But then, suddenly the TEXT disappeared from the screen.
All the images and borders of tables are still shown but all the text has disappeared.
When I display the "item info" it says: "Document uses unsupported PDF feature"
Any ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Fab

PS: I'm working on WinXP Pro SP2, Adobe Digital Editions v1.0.467, Adobe Reader 8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that initially the text was visible and then later it wasn't? Note that some PDFs use long-deprecated fonts which are not supported in 1.0 (though we have added support for the upcoming 1.5 release). The most common source for these fonts (known as Type 1 Symbolics) is LaTex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes initially the text was invisible and then after some starts of ADE the text wasn't visible anymore!!
At the moment I've just reinstalled WindowsXP system, downloaded the ebook again, but still the same problem :-(
Yes, this book (ebook) is "written" with Latex.

So, when is the new release coming up? Is there another thing I could do to fix my issue?

Thank you very much for your help!
Fab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with the same problem. I bought a US$125 book last year at amazon.com and when I try to read it using the new "wonderful" flash digital edition in Mac OS X, all the text vanishes, only the pictures are present.

This book is not available anymore to download at amazon.com, so I cannot move it to another computer!

Ebooks never more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have books that use Type 1 Symbolic fonts (which have been deprecated by Adobe for years), you can revert to Reader 7, which does support these fonts. But you will need to re-download any ebooks which you downloaded with Digital Editions. Alternatively, DE 1.5 will support such fonts.

I will contact Fab directly as their is something peculiar there. If the document is Type 1 Symbolic fonts, then it never would have been redendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Acrobat Reader 7, an error message appears:

Your Adobe software could not be activated, Adobe DRM Activator error
(client code 32)
Fault localization: 5
Contact customer support.

Thank you,
Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ric,

I'm experiencing the same problem...no text is shown.
In my case, this is a "LaTex" book too.

As I have Vista installed, the workaround "revert to Reader 7" won't help.
Could you please provide a workaround which works with Vista too?

When will Digital Editions 1.5 be available?

Thank you,
nova76

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install Reader 7 on Vista, you just need to fib and tell it that you are using Windows XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has this problem now been solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As far as I know this is not an issue in the new Digital Editions 1.5.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines