• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Absolutely fed up

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2007 Dec 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been so annoyed in my life. I purchased a goddamn "eBook" only to find out the images won't load. WOW what a surprise, so I downgrade to adobe 7, but that doesn't do any good because I need to download another F'ING copy of the eBook in order for it to work. Any other methods or workarounds other then waiting a year requesting another DL from the publisher?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you will need to get a new download to use it with Reader. DE will support JPEG2000 as soon as we can get it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2007 Dec 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Ric - unfortunately for MANY customers, once you purchase a book in one format you CAN'T convert to another without repurchasing.

DE should have a d@mn warning label on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to convert it. Most vendors will allow you to re-download an already purchased ebook. Simply uninstall DE completely, delete the ebook, install Reader 7 and re-download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**Sigh**

Ric - as an example - an ebook seller's policy is that you choose the format in which you make your purchase:

Options:
DE
Mobi Reader
Microsoft Reader

If a customer has (in the past) purchased (and is familiar with .pdf files) using Adobe Reader and that customer sees the bookseller reference .pdf when DE is mentioned, that customer (namely me in this instance) automatically assumes that the .pdf version is the one that is easier to deal with and will allow that customer to "read" that book on almost any device that they own (i. e. - work laptop, home computer, blackberry phone, PDA), that customer excitedly buys that book by selecting DE (dumb customer not realizing DE is NOT the same as Reader 7).

Ta Da - customer discovers - oops I can't open this file on my PDA. Oops, I can't open this file on my blackberry. What can I do?

Bookseller won't reload your purchase in a new format (Mobi Reader)so you can read your book on your blackberry at the doctor's office, at the airport, in your hotel room while you are traveling.

You can always download (again)the book from that bookseller , but it stays in that original format. Adobe Reader 7 is NOT an option with this bookseller.

I bought a series of books in April 2007 using DE. Big mistake on my part. I have not started reading my books because I couldn't get them on my blackberry.

Fortunately, I have resolved my problem. Everyone is not so lucky.

Anyway - my ultimate point in my messages is that Adobe has been a huge let down as it relates to DE, that's all.

Good Luck with making improvements. I am now officially a Mobi Reader customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just purchased an ebook online and what a stupid mistake i made, i will never buy another ebook again and Adobe's software, particularly this dumb Digital Editions Rubbish.

What good is it for portability when you cannot even transfer that ebook you purchased to another computer of yours especially your laptop?. I happened to have 6 pcs and one laptop in my home.

Please for sanity's sake fix this problem once and for all. We are NOT proud of your software anymore.

Extremely Disappointed User

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2008 Jan 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can you highlight and have a full screen mode with DE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines