• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Duplication? Pirating?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend of mine what to put her book online or offer it online. She mentioned doing it in PDF format but I'm not sure this can be done without allowing people to make multiple copies. Can you prevent people from making copys of a PDF file with Adobe products?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2007 Dec 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what products and service like ADEPT (http://www.adobe.com/products/adept/) are for. However, the entry price might be a little steep. Essentially, the answer is no, you can't prevent people from copying the PDF - it's just a normal file after all. All you can do is prevent people who aren't allowed to open the file. This is what the encryption is for (in part). But the trick is to somehow provide each valid user with the appropriate key to open the book. This can be done one by one in Acrobat with the password feature. Or one can use ACS (Adobe's DRM system) but that has been discontinued. Or, one can use ADEPT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2007 Dec 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the information. How do i find out more information about this product and how it works?

I would like to know if PDFs can be downloaded on to a computer or whether there is a time limit on the use of the file. Basically how does the file go from the publisher to the user? What happens so that the user can continue to reference the file? What happens, if he buys a new computer? Reinstall Windows or Formats his hard drive? How does this software prevent pirating?

Thanks so much for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines