• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Download will not continue

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2007 Dec 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to download DE, I get to the dialog box asking if I want to download 'Yes' or 'No". When I click on 'Yes' nothing occurs. I am using the latest version of Flash 9 and have attempted to download on both IE 7 and Firefox 2. Same error occurs on both browsers.

Can anyone advise on how I can get the download to begin or if there is an alternate non-flash download method?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have responded directly to Mr Petsick directly (he emailed us). If anyone else is seeing this particular error, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem. I am using Windows Vista and have tried both Firefox 2.0.0.11 and IE 7.

Can you post the workaround for others to see?

Thank you,

Michael Heinrich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2008 Jan 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are getting this problem, please cosubmit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. The workaround requires more than instructions and we would like to talk to anyone who sees this problem. Thanks,
Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. I get to the "yes" button when trying to download the digital editions and it doesn't do anything. I am running Vista Ultimate. I need this fixed as I have a textbook that I need for a class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the problem and have written to you: Every time I attempt to download DE, I get to the dialog box asking if I want to download 'Yes' or 'No". When I click on 'Yes' nothing occurs. I am using the latest version of Flash 9 and have attempted to download on both IE 7 and Avant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've just been looking at a bug that may explain the behavior for some people (but probably not all). In the latest version of Flash 9.0.115.0, there is an incompatibility with the flash features we use for installation and user who have unicode characters in their file names. In these case the download bar will go all the way to the end but never actually complete. The actual files are downloaded into the correct location (<user>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash
Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions2x0 on XP <user>\AppData\... on Vista IIRC), but just never detected as being downloaded correctly by flash.

While you can just go find the exe and launch it yourself, there are several known bugs with 1.0 not dealing well with Unicode paths itself. So you can either wait for both the next ADE update (the beta of 1.5 is available on the labs) and the next FlashPlayer update. Or you can create a username without Unicode characters in it.

Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines