Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorry, the file you are attempting to open cannot

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am a student at the University of South Florida. I have purchased an ebook through McGraw Hill ebookstore for an online class I am taking. After purchase, I was given the option to download and view a sample book (just 1 chapter from the text) and view the entire book. I was able to successfully view the sample book, but when I view the main book, I receive a message "Sorry, the file you are attempting to open cannot
be opened by Digital Editions." Both files are an EBX Transfer Data File (7.0) format. However, only the sample book works.

Any assistance is needed and welcomed.
Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent an email inrder to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2008 Jan 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted Mr. Hartnett directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as the above user. This is the second time I have attempted to download books to Adobe, from the same library source. It worked before after a different set of problems. Is there a way to change the file format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean, not use PDF, that is up to the publisher. If you would like help with your problem, I can try or you can contact our support center.

What OS and version are you on? Do you have any unusual characters (logos, accented characters, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is there an answer on what to do about this? I am having the same problem I have XP2 and the first book downloaded fine. But cannot download samples here or books from ebooks.com I get the message Sorry, the file you are attempting to open cannot be opened by digital editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines