• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

product liability

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like so many people, I downloaded Digital Editions and immediately lost access to half my ebooks. The program tells me I don't own them, I go to Adobe's "authorize computer" site, it's usually down, it won't let me register, "authorization" doesn't solve the problem, etc., etc.

Bottom line: about $200 or $300 in ebooks down the drain.

Here's my question. If mistakes or poor programming by Adobe effectively costs me several hundred dollars, can the company not be held liable? The number of us ripped off by Digital Editions clearly demonstrates that the problem is with the program, not with us.

If we can demonstrate tangible losses (the value of the ebooks) directly caused by a faulty product, it seems to me as through product liability laws ought to apply, and Adobe ought to reimburse us for our losses and for the value of the time and effort it takes us to recoup them.

Any thoughts anybody?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2008 Jan 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As noted at the top of the Forum, if you encounter DRM errors, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines