• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want my horizontal scroll bar!

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unbelievably tedious to have to open the custom zoom widget in order to accomplish something as simple as a horizontal scroll in a document -- particularly since the custom zoom widget cannot be moved over to the side where the bookmarks pane is. Instead, I have to open it, move the window, close it to actually see, lather, rinse, repeat.

Come on, please give us a horizontal scroll bar!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, many users complain when they are given a horizontal scroll bar! "Why are you wasting space for something I don't need?" The compromise is to have a preference, but we do not support such a preference in 1.0. But we will add it to the list. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ric,

Very interesting. I don't need a horizontal scroll bar *all* the time, but when I'm zoomed in closer than the width of the page -- well, I sure as heck need it then. 🙂 I would guess that most people would like the horizontal scroll bar to appear/disappear based on whether it's relevant. That would be OK with me.

The reason I use Adobe Digital Editions is to read case studies for business school -- that is to say, for reference and citation purposes. That's why multiple docs is important. And a lot of these cases, it turns out, have mixed portrait/landscape orientation. Most of the case will be in portrait, but some exhibits will be landscape -- that's when I most need the horizontal scrolling, for landscape-oriented stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really miss the direct scrolling that was available on the previous version that I "upgraded" from. I mean the little hand symbol that you could use to drag from page to page. I found this the easiest way to read. Now I have to use the zoom widget thing, which is not as direct.

It would be OK if I could just hold down the down arrow key to get continuous scrolling, but it only moves one line at a time, so you have to keep tapping it.

Maybe I'm missing an option, so if anyone can enlighten me about this, please do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are good suggestions. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's why multiple docs is important. And a lot of these cases, it turns out, have mixed portrait/landscape orientation.
I really miss the direct scrolling that was available on the previous version that I "upgraded" from. I mean the little hand symbol that you could use to drag from page to page. flv converter I found this the easiest way to read. Now I have to use the zoom widget thing, which is not as direct.

It would be OK if I could just hold down the down arrow key to get continuous scrolling, but it only moves one line at a time, so you have to keep tapping it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines