• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transfer ebooks to new laptop???

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to do this? I purchased an ebook last year. Now have new computer. Both machines are winXP pro. New one has reader 8 and acrobat 6. I am really lost here.
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I agree. I have multiple ebooks (secure textbooks that I need to access) that were accessable in Acrobat 7.0 Pro and I cannot access them in Acrobat 8.0 Pro. Any help on how to overcome this issue?

Eric Ashley
eric.ashley@cox.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a limitation with the newest version of Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader (version 8). Go back to Acrobat or Adobe Reader 7.0 or 6.0. Then you should be able to authorize your new computer through Adobe's (select Advanced > Digital Editions > Authorize devices). Once the computer is authorizes, you should be able to open your DRM books and read them on your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Julie, but no go. It forces me to DRM activator, and I need to do the same procedure to both laptops. Problem is I no longer have the old laptop. I am trapped in a catch 22 I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines