• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks & Annotations not saving?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regrettably I purchased an ebook from an eseller who didnt give me an option to take any format other using DE.

The book is required for some consultative work Im doing. Reading through the book, I marked passages with bookmarks & annotations. Of course I came to the end of session and closed DE

To my horror when I opened DE again. Not one bookmark or annotation was there. 6 hours of work gone!

I read through the minimal help, and there is nothing really about this. Several tests of book marking on my laptop. Workplace workstations and other PCs result in the same disgusting dilemma.

Is this a typical thing of DE? I have checked the EBOOK permission and there is no reference to saying you cannot bookmark. It does allowing printing (limited).

So whats happening? Can anyone assist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have my "My Documents" point to a network drive. the xml file shows the bookmarks & annotations in \\server\Joel$\My Digital Editions\Annotations but when I open the pdf up in DE, none of the bookmarks & annotations are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: joel bauman <@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, March 3, 2008 11:32:47 AM
Subject: Re: Bookmarks & Annotations not saving?

Digital Editions 1.0 and 1.5 do not support network drives at this time. We realize this is more than inconvenient for some users and we are working hard to add support for such configurations in the future.

Thanks,
Ric Wright
DE Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: joel bauman <@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:46:06 PM
Subject: Re: Bookmarks & Annotations not saving?

Actually, one of my engineers corrected me, simply mapping your My Documents onto a network drive should work in Digital Editions 1.5. So you might want to try the beta release:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/digitaleditions/

More info about it is available here

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitaleditions/2008/02/digital_editions_15_beta_is_re.html

And here

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitaleditions/2008/02/digital_editions_and_content_p.html

Thanks,
Ric Wright
DE Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This beta version worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it it appears that at least some of you have your My Documents folder mapped to a network drive, which was not supported in 1.0. It is supported in 1.5, so upgrading to the Beta is a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Спасибо за информацию.
web-design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nice informations http://addtop.info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines