• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"document uses unsupported PDF feature"

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe reader 8.1.2 and digital editions problem.

I am using digital editions for music purchases and have this message on some of my editions, not all. On the affected files the music notation is un legible and prints that way as well.

What feature am I missing?

Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you are talking about scanned sheet music in PDF form, then the problem is either that the sheet music was authored with Latex and uses fonts that Digital Editions doesn't support, or was scanned and the image format which Digital Editions also currently doesn't support. Acrobat Reader 7.0 supports these, and future (but not 1.5) version of Digital Editions will also support these features.

We have been working with publishers on these issues (e versions of Comic Books/Graphic Novels, for instance have been a particular problem), but I don't think we've heard of this problem with sheet music yet. Which publisher is this?

Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minor correction. DE 1.5 does support the Type 1 Symbolic Fonts used by LaTex. But if it is scanned, it might be in JPEG2000 format which we will soon (but not yet) support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got a reply back from worshiptogether.com stating that I would have to open the file in Sibelius's Scorch. There is no options for me to do that, as the file defaults to digital editions...unless there is some way to move from the digital edition into scorch?

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I had never heard of Sibelius before. Looks very interesting. However, I don't see how it gets snagged by DE? Is the export format for SIbelius Scorch in PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"document uses unsupported PDF feature"

That's the clincher, at the time of music download purchase-mid '06 or so, I opened and printed with adobe reader version 6 or 7...I'm guessing. I haven't used the download over the past year. Today, I tried to reinstall version 6 without uninstalling version 8, just to see, and of course, it wouldn't install. I didn't have time to go through the whole uninstall and reinstall today because of committments and stopped. If this seems viable, I'll try it tomorrow.

Continued thanks!

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I, in fact, uninstalled Adobe reader version 8 and reinstalled 7. The files loaded correctly and printed. Digital editions is the conflict, it seems.

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines