• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLASH Symbol's Bounding Irregular Polygons

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Flash CS3 map containing a lot of irregular polygons. Each polygon is a "button." That all works just fine.

I believe I'm hitting a wall though where the bounding rectangle defining each symbol overlaps. Depending on the layer order in the original SWF, sometimes hovering over one polygon selects another.

I can solve some of the issues by re-ordering the layers, but this won't fix all of them by any means.

Is there a setting in Flash CS that specifies Flash is to use the actual shape of a polygon rather than a least-fit rectangle?

If it's not obvious, I'm new to CS. One of my difficulties is determining what Flash calls this least-fit bounding rectangle -- important to have a proper keyword for any search engine.

Any advice would be appreciated!

TIA --

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always happens, I found the answer right after my post. Imported graphics always have a bounding rectangular polygon defining their extent. To circumvent this, break the imported graphic into vector fields by selecting the graphic and running the MODIFY > BREAK APART command. Save the result as a symbol and its bounds will be the visible extent of the graphic itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was mistaken thinking breaking the original graphic apart prior to saving as a symbol enabled Flash to determine the actual extent of the graphics. Whether or not the graphic is broken apart, the "hit area" of a resulting button is rectangular.

Oy vey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lauchman,
You will get better results posting this question in one of the Flash forums http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/index.cfm?forumid=15

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines