• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to ininstall Digital editions v 1.x?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2008 Apr 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try the Beta of D.E. 1.5x, one is advised to uninstall D.E. 1.x

How does one do this? I cannot even get D.E. v 1x to download (cannot find a working link)

Help, please!
Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't installed DE 1.0 then you don't need to uninstall it to install the beta of DE 1.5.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim...

sorry. You made me realize that I wasn't clear.

I have been using Digital Edition v1.0 (installed during Tiger), and now am unable to add anything to it, as I am using Leopard.

I have bought an eBook from Peachpit Press which won't install in Digital Editions 1.0. Further, I tried to install the "ebx.etd" file that was downloaded, into Adobe reader 6.0, which can often read my older eBooks, but Reader 6 says the file is damaged or missing something.

So an Uninstall of DE 1.x is really what I need to do.

Thanks
peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah,
The easy way to find DE on a Mac is to follow the alias that was put in either your Application or Desktop folders (right click, and select "Show Original"). If the alias is gone, then you need to look under your user folder (ie ~ in Unix) for the unlikely path of:
~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/digitaleditions2x0 which should be a folder. Deleting that folder will uninstall Digital Editions 1.0.

Just FYI 1.5 should download to the
~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/digitaleditions1x5 folder.

After getting everything installed correctly, you may need to talk to Peachpit Press to get a new download. The .etd files are temporary receipts (think similar to coat check ticket) that are used to get you the actual pdf fil. If while trying to get this working the .etd file was used to start getting the .pdf file but couldn't. You won't be able to use again, and will need to get a new one.

Hope this helps.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim...

your instructions worked a charm!

Thank you so much.

Have successfully downloaded the Book into Digital editions 1.5 beta.

This bodes well for the new version.

The only thing that didn't work as expected, is that there was no visual progress bar on the Download window... seemingly nothing happened for a bunch of time, and then suddenly the document had arrived.

Many thanks
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have Windows Vista and already have 1.0. The problem I'm having is it just wont launch. It goes right back to install??? Do I have to uninstall 1.0 first??

Thanks Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines