• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Transfer

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MP3 player can view PDFs, so here I am, thinking it's a great idea for me to get PDFs from my local library. I put them on my MP3 player, and IT WON'T SHOW!! first I had to download the stupid digital editions so that it would be on my computer, and now I can't take it with me? I'm not very computer literate, and this is incredibly frustrating! If you need to know, it's an Archos 504. Is it just not possible and I'm wasting my time, or is there a way for me to view these things on my MP3 player? Or, can I just view them on Adobe Reader? that would also be nice... not quite as nice, but it would be a start.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of publisher requirements for DRM, Just like you can't play music files that you acquire from iTunes Music Store on your Archos (unless you purchased the DRM versions), you can't view eBook content you acquire through Digital Editions (or earlier version of Acrobat/Reader) on non supported devices either.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - then how can I legally download the items I want directly to a device so I can use them? I'm having conceptually the same problem with borrowing books from my local digital library and cannot read them on a Kindle or a Sony E Reader Book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how can we download directly to a device like this so we CAN use digital libraries legally to borrow items? I'm having conceptually the same problem with digital books from the local public library for both a Kindle and a Sony Reader Book. I still only want one copy - just one useable one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There are no current eInk device which support viewing protected PDF. We are working on integration with other devices, but there's nothing that I'm allowed to talk about publicly yet (mostly because our partners gets upset when engineers trump their announcements ).

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines