• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors following Digital editions upgrade

New Here ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the digital editions upgrade and it seemed to work well until I tried to open a book. Now I get the error message " Internal error-document already failed." What can I do to get the program working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem, a case has been opened 0180187126.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post more specific errors? Looking at the case above I see this:
W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND

Is this the same for you Roberta?

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem as Roberta. It just says "Internal Error-document already failed." If it helps, I borrow my books from eNYPL (New York Public Library), but it worked perfectly well on the older version of DE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bentley,--There is no more specific an error. it just says "Internal Error-document already failed" --When I download a book --the book is outlined on the screen on both sides of the screen but the cover is not filled in. The title and author of the book show up. The grey outline of the book on the reading side of the screen looks like the corner is cut off with pinking shears and has a gold triangle with an exclamation mark in.

Before the upgrade- it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roberta.

Please open a support web case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

I'm writing up an (internal) document now that will tell the agents what info we need to gather to try to figure this out.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I'd never upgraded! How about making the prior version available so I can get on with life? Was this not tested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I'd never upgraded! How about making the prior version available so I can get on with life? It works, this version does not. Was this not tested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me as well. Precisely the same error after the forced upgrade. It takes neither old documents nor will it allow download of new documents from the ELA public library (in Chicago).

Windows XP SP3.

Since this appears to be a pervasive problem, I don't really plan to put in a service ticket. Just let us know when the bug is fixed, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too.

After the upgrade problem the other day,when I attempt to open a book,various error messages flash but go to quick to make a note of the entire message,but one mentions something about error creating a licence. then the only message that stays on the screen is "Internal Error document already failed."

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK here are some troubleshooting steps we'd like you to try for these errors:<br /><br />Internal error-document already failed." or<br />CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND<br /><br />-- Delete the bad book from the library. <br />-- Close Digital Editions<br />-- Copy the copy of this book from C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Digital Editions\ebx_backup to the Desktop.<br />-- Turn the error log on (Ctrl+ Shift+T)<br />-- Add the book from the desktop to the Library. <br /><br />If that process fails then please open a support case, point the agent to this thread and then attach the error log ( error.log will be in My Digital Editions folder:<br /><br />On Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\<username> \My Documents\My Digital Editions)<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Bentley Wolfe<br />Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player<br />Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2008 May 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY SOLUTION

I have Windows XP. I went into 'Control Panel' then 'Add/Delete Programs'. I deleted Adobe Digital Editions and Adobe 8, as well as one other Adobe program that was in there. I had to re-start my computer in order for everything to take effect.

After I re-signed on my screen name, I went to my e-library (Maryland Digiital eLibrary Consortium) and downloaded Adobe 7.0. After that I was able to sign-out ebooks on my account and read them perfectly.

There are 2 ebooks on my e-library account that I cannot access, but that is because I downloaded them more than the allotted number of times in a vain attempt to read them via Adobe Digital Editions 1.5. However, the new ebook I downloaded works perfectly with Abode 7.0 and I'm confident that once my other ebooks expire from my account, that I'll be able to re-sign them out and read them with Adobe 7.0.

The important thing to remember is to delete any Abode programs that are on your computer, otherwise, you won't be allowed to download Abode 7.0.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade is screwing me up also! Not only did it erase everything in my library (but not immediately, strangely enough), now I can't download new files from the library even though I was forced to make the upgrade. I using Mac OX 10.4. The ebx.etd files fail to download and the help says I need to associate the files in preferences in order to make it work. THERE ARE NO PREFERENCES.

This upgrade was obviously premature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I was forced to download an update for Digital Editions. I was prompted to authorize my computer. After I did this, my entire e-book library is now unavailable. The error message is:

Error W_Adept_Core_User_Credentials_Not_Found
Document is licensed for a different user account.

These e-books cost me more than $100 total. One of them I need for class immediately! Please help me resolve this issue ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2008 May 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing a similiar error, also with books borrowed from the NY Public Library (eNYPL) online (served by OverDrive). This worked before the upgrade, but now no books -- whether borrowed before or after the upgrade -- are viewable.

The error seen in all cases is...

Upon download of the file:
Internal error-document already failed

Upon trying to open the file (downloaded or existing):
Error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND
No record for this loan is found on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2008 May 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debra,
I had this same problem. I found the solution under "what do I do with this?" in the support section.
The problem is that Firefox doesn't know what to open the edx file with. You fix this under preferences in Firefox. There's an option to manage what to do with file types under the content tab.
Make sure you know where to find your digital editions program, then use this to tell it where to find it.
If that doesn't work (or you can't figure out how to change it, like me), delete this command and it will ask you what to do next time you try to download a book. Then, you can guide it to where your digital editions program is located (it will bring up a mini finder window for you to browse through).
Good luck.

Deanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error here.. hope they never created Digital Editions, it just looks good but other than that it has so many bugs.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bentley! can't you understand? the error message is "Internal error - document already failed" not Adept_core blah blah! Fix this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error, too. I tried deleting Adobe Digital Editions and Adobe Reader and downloading them again, but after borrowing and downloading another online book from my library, I still get the same error message. I opened a case, but the person who responded said they were unable to help me. I hate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan, if you can provide a case number I can get your case reopened. We've been working furiously to fix 'process' problems in Digital Editions support (a process problem being just what happened to you... you open a case and it doesn't get handled...)

As to the rest of you.. if you're getting:
Error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND
when opening a book, then open a web SUPPORT case (not customer service).

I have to say that we don't yet know what's causing this. But the agents have been provided with a long list of questions to ask and we're trying to get to the bottom of it.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2008 May 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bentley

Further to Susan's post: I called support, and was directed to the support web form. I logged a support job, and in a reply, was directed to email digitaleditions@adobe.com. I've now got an automated reply to say that support requests are no longer being accepted through that address.

I am getting more than a little frustrated. I've gone through the correct channels, and I can't seem to get an answer. Can you please tell me how I should proceed?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate,

"Further to Susan's post: I called support, and was directed to the support web form. I logged a support job, and in a reply, was directed to email digitaleditions@adobe.com. I've now got an automated reply to say that support requests are no longer being accepted through that address. "

This isn't supposed to happen, and I personally looked at your case yesterday. It seems like one particular agent in your region was sending out the wrong info. I've asked management to fix it, and I've asked that your case be handled. And I'm re-iterating that request AGAIN.

Now, we still don't know what's causing the error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND on end user's machines. So when you open a case, what -should- happen at this point in time is that they should ask you for a lot of information. I'm going to write a technote today noting this issue and suggesting that folks gather this info to submit with their case. I'll post the link on this thread when i get it done..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bentley

Thanks for looking into my case. Just thought I'd mention that despite your action, I still haven't heard back from Adobe support.

I've managed to get Digital Editions working through a very convoluted process involving a registry edit, but would appreciate it if Adobe would look into the problem further and get back to me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate, actually that's my fault. Your case is sitting in my que and I'm waiting for Engineering to figure out what the problem is. I should have let you know (sorry!)

So, case still open, waiting for Engineering...

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a case open but no one seems to know how to fix this. I also followed the prompts to upgrade Digital reader. I don't know if I re-registered or what happened, but I am receiving a message:
ErrorW_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND
Document is licensed for a different user account

Does any one know how to fix this to enable the e-books to be opened again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines