• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message: CORE USER CREDENTIALS NOT FOUND

New Here ,
May 14, 2008 May 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was prompted to automatically update Digital Editions 1.5, which I did. I'm on the same computer I've always had. I authorized the computer; however, now when I try to access my library, I get this message:

Error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND
Document is licensed for a different user account

I used my regular email address and password to authorize the computer. Can you help? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that problem too, but only with my library books. The ebooks I bought off the Internet are still functioning. (I had to delete and re-install them, though). It just says 'No record for this loan is not found on the machine. I tried to download other library books, but it was just doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be a couple of these errors that have popped up since launch, but I don't remember seeing anything similar during the beta. I'm not sure what the cause is yet, but have a mail out to engineering to discuss.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded DE1.5 and now I can't download ebooks. The first time, the ebook downloaded ok however it would not open in Adobe Digitial Editions. The following error was obtained.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adobe DRM Error

System: 5

State: 4

Class: 400

Code: 41

Scroll below or view error.log for more details.

Adobe DRM client Error: 441

Could not authenticate with voucher engine at server

Server Code: 500

500 Internal Server Error

(5) Could not obtain voucher

Exception ActiveVE [issueVoucher]:

Code: 0x8000002b (-2147483605)

ActiveVE Failed, code = 43 (Voucher Engine SQL Database not open)

ActiveVE TRACE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just tried to open the downloaded title in Adobe Digital Editions again however it will not allow. I have gone to Item Errors and the error message is below.

Adobe DRM Error
System: 5
State: 4
Class: 600
Code: 106
Please check your network connection and try again.
Scroll below or view error.log for more details.

Adobe DRM client Error: 706
Unexpected error during HTTP request to voucher server A connection with the server could not be established

Can you advise what may be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alison EBL, please open a support web case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My letter really is the same as Becky's; no choice but to download, then the error message, and now the library is "unopenable." I deleted the entire Digital Editions program and re-installed it, yet I have the same problems.

When I called Cust. Service--they sent me here, telling me that even within the first few entries, I'd see my problem addressed.

Any answers? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Delete the bad book from the library.<br />-- Close Digital Editions<br />-- Copy the copy of this book from C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Digital Editions\ebx_backup to the Desktop.<br />-- Turn the error log on (Ctrl+ Shift+T)<br />-- Add the book from the desktop to the Library.<br /><br />If that process fails then please open a support case, point the agent to this thread and then attach the error log ( error.log will be in My Digital Editions folder:<br /><br />On Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\<username> \My Documents\My Digital Editions)<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Bentley Wolfe<br />Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player<br />Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I can't open ANY of the books--they're all "bad." Also, your instructions appear to be for a PC; I use a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah they were, I should have thought of that possibility.

On the mac, the 'my digital editions' folder is located in your My Documents folder. You should be able to find the files I mentioned there. If you have trouble post back. My mac is dead just now but I can check another machine later if necessary...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mac the "my" prefix isn't used so this will be the "Digital Editions" folder in your "Documents" folder under your home directory ("~/Documents/Digital\ Editions" in Unix terms)

Error logging on the Mac can be turned on using Command (Apple) + Shift + T.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems
(Team Mac Guy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. I have to get my mac fixed :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted one of the "bad" books from my library; closed Digital Editions; found the digital editions folder in Documents; copied it onto the desktop; turned the error log on; copied the book onto the desktop; and added the book from the desktop. Now the status shows as "missing" and I get this message:

IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:
http://acs.contentreserve.com/ACSStore1/1204/{84A4EBB8-C68C-4A57-8CA6-7D397032C145}.pdf

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm using an Asus R2HV running Windows Vista. Have been downloading and reading books from www.netlibrary.com for several months now without a problem. Four days ago I was prompted to update to version 1.5 and authorize. I have done this. Now when I download the books I get the following error:

- Internal Error - document already failed.

Error Details "Error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIALS_NOT_FOUND" and "No record for this loan is found on this machine"

I tried the fix in Post #7 - it does not work. I deleted all Adobe from my PC and re-loaded and re-verified everything. Still does not work. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2008 May 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help?
Yesterday (05/17/08) I opened my Adobe Digital Editions program and was prompted to load an Adobe update. During the process of loading that update, the program suggested that I select an option which authenticates my computer. The update appears to be complete, but the problem is I can no longer read my ebooks. I can see them listed, but when I try to open I get the following error.

All my ebooks are very expensive, and I just purchased one for an upcoming class which starts next week.

My system info:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195

Thanks
Jesse Gonzales
Jesse_j_gonzales@hotmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I was forced to download an update for Digital Editions. I was prompted to authorize my computer. After I did this, my entire e-book library is now unavailable. The error message is:

Error W_Adept_Core_User_Credentials_Not_Found
Document is licensed for a different user account.

These e-books cost me more than $100 total. One of them I need for class immediately! Please help me resolve this issue ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem. After downloading the newer version I received the message below when trying to open one of my books.

I tried deleting all the books and adding them back in to the library. This did not work. It made it worse. Since then I have restored my computer to the previous day to keep my books from being corrupted. I am now waiting to try and download this program again. I do not want to download until a solution can be found. Anxiously waiting for solution.

Mahalo,
Susan Abeshima
susanabeshima509@hotmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2008 May 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the smae problems. Has any one found a solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2008 May 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on determining what's causing this. It would be helpful if everyone with these issues would open a support case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted my library' support team and they came up with a solution. However, I'm not sure it will work for those who are unable to redownload titles (from my website, I'm able to download ebooks a second time....)

This is what they said:
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions and delete the title you are having
trouble with. Then close Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Open the 'Control Panel'.
3. Open 'Folder Options' and select the 'View' tab.
4. Select 'Show hidden files and folders'.
5. Un-check 'Hide protected operating system files'.
6. In the warning message you receive, click 'Yes'.
7. Click 'OK'.
8. Close the Control Panel.

9. Navigate to the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\ Adobe\Digital
Editions\
10. Delete the Voucher folder.
11. Navigate to My Documents / My Digital Editions. Delete the PDF
file for this title.
12. Also in the 'My Documents / My Digital Editions', delete the
manifest.xml file.
13. Navigate to My Documents / My Digital Editions / ebx_backup.
Delete the PDF file for this title.

**** The following steps involve modifying the registry. Please be VERY
careful and do not delete or rename anything else in the registry
besides the items mentioned below.

14. Click 'Start > Run'.
15. Type 'Regedit' and click 'OK'.
16. Navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation'.
17. Here you will see several folders, numbered 0000, 0001, 0002, etc.
Click once on '0000'. In the right pane, you should see one entry with
something in the 'Data' column. One of these folders (0000, 0001, 0002,
etc.) will have 'loanToken' for the data. Expand this folder.
18. Inside the 'loanToken' folder, you will have more folders numbered
0000, 0001, etc. Select them one at a time. You should see several that
contain a name of (Default) with Data of loan. Delete each numbered
folder (0000, 0001, etc.) that contains the (Default) loan inside it.
19. Close the registry and open Adobe Digital Editions. It should open
without error.
20. Return to the library website and try the download of your title again.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2008 Dec 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Becky -

I am having the same problems reflected in this thread and others which include the "Internal error - document already failed" error message. I have tried all of the suggested fixes, and tried opening a new case, but have heard nothing back. Have y'all had ANY success in dealing with these issues? It is quite frustrating.

Mitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines