• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is a .b00 file (ext) (or b01, b02, etc)?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RH seems to have grown to 150 MG rather easily. My IT support folks aren't happy. So I thought I would delete unused files. Some otherwise recognizable files have the .b00, .b01 and .b02 extension, which I've never encountered.

What type of file is this and can I delete it without creating havoc in my document?
TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the B indicates backup? Do your IT folks have any idea where these files come from? Have you tried opening one in Notepad to see whether it contains anything legible and useful.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good questions. Opened one in Notepad and it does look like a duplicate (back-up). I've asked my IT dept for an answer about the use/value of these files and am waiting to hear from someone. Will provide more info when it comes along.

Again, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What my IT Dept stated re: b00, b01 and b02 files...

Subject: RE: What are .b00, .b01 and .b02 files (for)?

Short answer, they are usually a form of drive image file from possible from daemon tools… however I have seen these extensions associated with split files… but they are usually have the same filename.001 filename.002 filename.003.

BUT. They all have the date of 6/17/07 which is related to a document you would have worked on, also with the actual naming of the files, makes the it more apparent. I would not delete them. They are also in the other folders you have which are dated.

Author's postscript...

I misread this note and deletetd the files. Then I generated a new project. I noticed no issues. However, I decided to replace the deleted files anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have to leave this between you and your IT department as it is an environment thing rather than anything RoboHelp related.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp