• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot activate Adobe Digital Edition 1.5

New Here ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to activate the new version of Digital Editions, I get the following message: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate

What did I do wrong? Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheryl,
Most likely your system clock (which is used for dating the request) is more than 6 hours off. If you reset your clock to the correct time this should fix the problem. Mea culpa on not coming up with a more friendly error message for this.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That solved the problem for me. My tab was set to the wrong timezone - I changed it and the authorization went right through.   Thanks very much Jim!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
I got exactly the same message when failing the activation. And I tried what you said changing the clock, but it just doesn;t work at all. What can I do? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cathryn,

Try this:

Windows:
-- Close Digital Editions
-- Rename My Digital Editions folder to My Digital Editions Save.
-- Force a re-activation:
: Start->Run and type regedit
: Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
: Select Adept , Edit->Delete. This key will be deleted.
: Open Digital Editions and activate it using the same Adobe ID as before.
: Go to Library->Add Item to the Library and try to add the books from Saved My Digital Editions folder.

If this fails please post back here AND open a support case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions - activation problem

Get the following message as well:
E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate

Tried the above suggestion, didn't work

What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misrak, please don't multiple post. Open a support web case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2008 May 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open your clock time then the time zone and check if the time on your time zone is the same as the country where you are. After adjusting the time try to activate again your Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
Still doesn't work.
Cannot activate with same error information.
So cannot add in any book either coz activation is failed.

I have many important PDFs that must be opened by Digital Edition, although I never import those files into the DE library. It works when I use Adobe reader 7.0 I think, now I download a new reader it doesn't work.

Please help again, thank you!

Cathryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open a support case? If not please do:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a support case the answer was to send me back here!
betty fisher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Betty, I need your case number please. This circular reference is driving me crazy! That's not supposed to happen!!!

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bentley,
My case # is 0200938282
If you have access to the responses I have gotten you will see that I am referred to 1 sites that don't exist 2 back to general information or 3 to custormer service who either hang up on me, put me on hold until I give up or go away or tell me to open a support case. Please help!!
Thanks,
Betty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates on this problem yet? tried all suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Betty,

I am very, very sorry about this. Unfortunately you opened a customer service case rather than a technical support case. And Customer Service isn't handling Digital Editions 1.5 questions correctly (I'm working on that...)

I've created a -new- case for you, a Technical Support case, #180243077. I've also asked one of our senior agents to take this case directly and work with you to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I had some further discussion with Engineering around E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED errors.

They've confirmed that all the errors they've seen of this type have been caused by:
a. incorrect system clock time
b. incorrect date
c. incorrect time zone (or some combination of all three)

So, if you're certain all three of those things are correct, PLEASE open a Technical Support webcase and post the case number back to this thread. I'll then talk to the agents about what to look for.

To open a Technical Support webcase, follow the 'Contact Technical Support' link on http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Bentley for your help, i redid all you suggestions and it now works, i am in africa working, changed my time zones back to north america, changed date/time etc and it worked. I also removed the second clock that i had on vista gadgets and it worked.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2008 Jun 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bentley,

I am a military personnel, have been having this same problem for the past few weeks now, was in state and now stationed in Germany.

Presently, I am doing my Master's degree, I called my college on many occasion, but they don't have a clue why I should have that error as well. They seems to be making life hard for me and told me series of technical problem with my computer or my ISP.

Since no help was rendered had to purchase a Hardcover textbook, so I took it upon myself, so had to come to your "USER to USER" forum.

All I did was what you enumerated, and It worked. Oops!!

Thanks very much, maybe your management needs to enlighten the so called college/university help desk. They don't know what they are talking about and stop pretending they are good at their job.

Many thanks.

Adedayo Malcom Dada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adedayo, I'm really happy to hear that this suggestion is working for you!

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot activate Adobe Digital Edition 1.5

I was in process of downloading chapters 1 thru 3 from my schools web site, which I purchased then it ask me if wanted to download the new Adobe Digital Edition 1.5, which I did, then I went to open the file and I get the following message:
Error W_ADEPT_CORE_USER_CREDENTIAL_NOT_ FOUND. Document is licensed for a different user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manuel, open a support web case:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bentley,

Where in c:\ drive will you name the "My Digital Editions" folder?

is it from the program files folder?

*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-

-- Close Digital Editions
-- Rename My Digital Editions folder to My Digital Editions Save.
-- Force a re-activation:
: Start->Run and type regedit
: Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
: Select Adept , Edit->Delete. This key will be deleted.
: Open Digital Editions and activate it using the same Adobe ID as before.
: Go to Library->Add Item to the Library and try to add the books from Saved My Digital Editions folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the free trail to download to my system microsoft windows 2000. What am I doing wrong? I've tried everything. Called tech support, customer service with adobe and I'm told that there's no tech support or customer service for digital edition. I can't be this company would put out a product and there is no resolutions to support just downloading the free trail support, but this only solution is putting in a case management of messages. I think there should be a better solution then this. I need digital editions for my cd that I purchase from the college that I'm attending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too, no help, but fill out this message box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave: <br /><<Where in c:\ drive will you name the "My Digital Editions" folder? >><br />It is in 'My Documents', which is:<br />C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents on my XP box..<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Bentley Wolfe<br />Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions<br />Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines