• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Error - E_AUTH_DATABASE_CONSISTENCY http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect Adobe

New Here ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the forced upgrade and, upon activation attempts using my new adobe name and password, get the following error:

Error communicating with AdobeID server. Please try again later.
E_AUTH_DATABASE_CONSISTENCY http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect AdobeID

Can you help? I'm in the middle of a book.

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian, give this a shot (I'm assuming you're on Windows here...):

-- Close Digital Editions
-- Rename My Digital Editions folder to My Digital Editions Save.
-- Force a re-activation:
: Start->Run and type regedit
: Find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
: Select Adept , Edit->Delete. This key will be deleted.
: Open Digital Editions and activate it using the same Adobe ID as before.
: Go to Library->Add Item to the Library and try to add the books from Saved My Digital Editions folder.

If this fails please post back here AND open a support case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem in Vista, too, and the fix mentioned did not work. I've opened a support ticket as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the agent with your import and error logs..

To turn on error logging:
1. select Control+Shift+T.
2. In the dialog, select 'enable error logging'
3. Approve the dialog.
4. After turning on error logging, restart Digital Editions
5. Retry the books that are not opening correctly (to generate the error)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering this problem during the Setup Assistant authorization/activation screen. Regarding step 5: I've not tried to open any of my old books, because I've not yet been able to activate this "upgrade" under my account, and hence don't have the ability to open my old books (because ADE is not yet attached to my account). I'm not going to open my new book on an un-authorized computer, as badly as I need it, because it will then be locked in on this computer.

When I'm in the Setup Assistant authorization/activiation screen, the Ctrl-Shift-T command does not work. In order to utilize that command, I must tell ADE to not activate but instead authorize just the computer, acknowledge (multiple times) that any books opened on my un-activated computers are not portable, and then press Ctrl-Shift-T. I then follow the steps 1-4 you list above, then got to Library>"Authorize this computer...", put in my email address and password, acknowledge that any "protected items" I have on this computer may no longer be readable after activation, and then the program freezes at "Status: Authorizing Computer For oesten@sappnelson.com". If I close the program and try again, I get a "Setup Assistant" prompting me to authorize my computer, just like after the "upgrade", and I'm back to square one, with no error logs visible to my knowledge.

I can tell that the error logging is still on, because if I go back and tell Adobe Digital Editions to authorize just this computer (without logging in/activating) and press Ctrl-Shift-T, the checkbox is checked for logging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oesten,

I'd like to get an agent to work with you directly and possibly do a screen sharing session to capture what's happening on your machine. Can you open a web Technical Support case and get back to me with a case #?
(http://www.adobe.com/support/contact)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. It's under Case #0180208820. I had just gotten done being very frustrated with the person who answered that case saying "we're aware of that issue, try re-downloading the e-book, we'll contact you if we come up with a solution", which was a bit of a frustrating response, but your response is far more proactive and gives me hope I'll be able to read this book on my own laptop.

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot besides screen-sharing? Would re-installing Flash or any other potential dependencies work? I've already tried reinstalling ADE.

-Oesten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oesten,

Since we don't know what is causing your problem I don't think that there is any other quick and easy solution.

But I suppose there is a -chance- that uninstalling/reinstalling Flash Player might work. Just make sure you run the FP uninstaller first (from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157).

I'd also STRONGLY recommend that instead of running the FP uninstaller from the window, run it from the command line using the /clean switch (trust me, I'm the Flash Player support lead. I know what i'm talking about on this one...)

Just stick it on the root of C: and run it from the command prompt like this:
'uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean'

Then reinstall from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer.

Then try again. the reason I would prefer to set up screen sharing is so we can record the failure and present it to engineering. Because at this point I have no idea why it's failing.. :(

But if you don't want to do that then we won't. We'll find some other way to figure it out..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling flash, and that didn't work.

On a hunch, I tried creating a new Adobe ID, and that worked - it appears my old Adobe ID somehow got corrupted in your database, and this is why I can't log in using it. I've got a few ebooks via that old ID, so I'm going to be adding this to the support ticket I created earlier.

And... now that didn't work. When I tried to open the book I bought, I got this error:

Adobe DRM Error
System: 7
State: 4
Class: 5
Code: 1
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
A bad session ID was used in the header.

Eden Info: (0x24) A bad session ID was used in the header.
Soap Info: Client : A bad session ID was used in the header.
Adobe DRM Activator error.
Server Code: 24
Fault location: 5
Contact customer support.
--- end ---

This is getting old fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2008 Jun 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's working now. Just needed a reboot. But there's still the issue of the old account being broken, on which I still have 2 books I bought and deserve continued access to. Brian, the case # is 0180208820.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oesten, I sent you an email on one of the addresses in your case. I want to chat a minute and make sure I understand exactly what we're looking to reset..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem...i have tried authorizing with my AdobeID from several computers, and every time I get the same error message

E_AUTH_DATABASE_CONSISTENCY http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect AdobeID

followed by my email address/adobeid...I have submitted tickets through the support portal (Case #0200995333) and have received the same canned response several times

please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have yet to fix my issue. Apparently the database that keeps track of Adobe IDs is a bit of a monolith. So, I set up another AdobeID to use in the meantime. I'm just glad I don't urgently need the books I have on the old Adobe ID. But yeah, the canned responses get annoying. Bentley's been great for bringing an intelligent, personal touch to the situation, but his intervention has not yet yielded any results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" but his intervention has not yet yielded any results. "

And it probably won't at this point, though I haven't quite given up yet.

Nanoburn, part of the problem is that you keep opening customer service cases, when you should be opening a tech support case (I can tell by the number...) I am doing my best to educate our various customer service offices on how to handle these type of cases, but it takes awhile.

I have learned something about
E_AUTH_DATABASE_CONSISTENCY in the past few days. This error is actually caused by an error in our database. We're looking for customers we can work with who might have a solid handle on how they activated. The down side is that once you get this error your existing AdobeID will not work anymore for activating books. You have to create a new AdobeID, which is unfortunate.

Nanoburn, I've asked one of our agents to convert your customer service case into a tech support case and get in touch with you. We'll have a list of questions which hopefully you can answer.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a good step. I'd like to point out that one additional down side to this error is that I can no longer access any of my old books, either. Let me know if I can help in any way with this.

By the way, Bentley, I'm very grateful for the help you've given me so far. I didn't mean to slight you by saying that this hasn't yet yielded any results - I know that that's how troubleshooting goes, and I'm glad to get personal help on this.

-Oesten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bentley,

I do apologize if I have been aggressive on this problem, I myself have done tech support for over half of my life.

One correction I would like to point out is the fact that I've only opened a SINGLE support ticket. According to my login in the Support Portal there is only one ticket.

This ticket has been responded to twice by a canned customer support response, and that is all the responses I have received until now.

I have just gotten off of the phone with someone from support, and am ecstatic with your promptness and willingness to help out.

I'm hoping with your support we can figure this problem that is effecting just a handful of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2008 Jul 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed the case and you're being well taken care of on the support ticket. And you're right, I could only find one customer service response, sorry.

I had a change made yesterday to http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions, removing the link to customer service. So this should help drive more folks into Tech Support (where these cases belong).

Thanks!

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following error message when trying to download Adobe Digital Editions:

Error communicating with AdobeID server. Please try again later.

E_AUTH_DATABASE_CONSISTENCY http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect AdobeID (I deleted my e-mail address from the error code for privacy reasons)

I ordered a document from the British Library and it was delivered via Secure Electronic Delivery using Adobe Digital Editions, but I can not retrieve my document because I can not download the software. Please advise how to proceed.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm another one who is getting the message - Error communicating with AdobeID server. Please try again later.

I've been going round in circles trying to find a solution but nothing works. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, Bentley Wolfe's tip about forcing a reactivation, reinstalling Flash player, activating Digital Editions without authorising and then trying to authorise within the program - nothing works. I've even tried turning off my firewall. I've also tried to contact support but even that doesn't work as they want details of the program (not on the list) and the serial number of the program. How the heck do I get that when I can't even get it to work. I'm really and truly frustrated. My system is a PC with 4GB Ram, 2x500GB hard disks in a mirror array and using Vista Ultimate.

My Adobe ID works on the web site but doesn't seem to be getting through in the authorisation process. Is this a bug or what?

I'd be grateful for help before I go mad.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris & Jennifer.. please open cases...

Chris, I'm not sure where you tried to contact us (give me a link if you have one), but if you go through http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/ and log in to the web portal you shouldn't need any serial number information when choosing 'Adobe Digital Editions'. Although I suppose it's possible that if you cannot authorize ADE then that might cause a problem with the web portal. In which case reply back with your AdobeID (not the password though!) address and I'll see if I can have someone create a case for you.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bentley<br />I've tried again with the support link which I have followed before. The link goes to the Adobe Digital Support Centre - I click on <Contact Technical Support> takes me to Contact Support in Customer Service, no mention of technical service. Clicking on Installation Help requires a product to be selected from drop down box - no products listed. Clicking on Activation Help requires selection of product in drop down box - no Digital Editions listed. There is a comment on the pages that to submit a web case the product must be registered. You can see why I am frustrated.<br /><br />My AdobeID is chrislongmuir@btinternet.com <br /><br />Thanks for any help you can give. I've been trying again with firewall turned off and antivirus turned off (risky business).<br />By the way I've tried ADE on my XP machine as well with the same result. I can't help thinking it's a problem getting through to the server.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bentley, made a mistake when I typed my AdobeID and ommitted the stop between chris and longmuir and I'd sent it before I noticed. The AdobeID is chris.longmuir@btinternet.com

Thanks Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<<I've tried again with the support link which I have followed before. The link goes to the Adobe Digital Support Centre - I click on <Contact Technical Support> takes me to Contact Support in Customer Service, no mention of technical service.>>>><br /><br />Chris, can you paste the actual URL's involved from your browser's URL bar? I'm trying to determine if something is broken on our site here... so show me the path (of URLs) you used to get from point A to point B..<br /><br />I'll get a case created for you (in your region)<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Bentley Wolfe<br />Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions<br />Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Bentley here goes starting with the link you gave me http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/ followed by the link from <Contact Technical Support> http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/ which is the Customer Support Portal<br /><br />And here is the URL that comes up when <Check Status on an Open Question is clicked https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=membership&returnURL=%2Fcfusion%2Fsupport%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Fevent%3Dportal%26loc%3Den%5Fus&loc=en_us, I trust that will be the link to follow once you have created the case.<br /><br />Thanks for your help<br /><br />Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jels22168@blueyonder.co.uk

It seems I'm not the only one who constantly has "Error communicating with Adobe ID server"

It advises "try later" this has been the situation since yesterday evening.

Have purchased books now unable to transfer them to my Sony reader.

Need solution in simple terms!

Is there an idiots guide to downloading e-books?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines