Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 1.5 Localized version

New Here ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is ADE now localized?
I was using the English version, but with the update I now have to install it in German. I don't want this. I may be living/working in Germland, but I'm English speaking.

Is there any way to get the English update?

(I really dislike software/webpages which are localized. It shows that the companies releasing such don't consider that there could well be people living in a country where the language is not their mother tongue. I know it's done in an attempt to cater to different countries and make it simpler for the locals, but ...).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's localized because your OS is reporting it is localized. Yes it's an assumption, but we felt is was fairly safe to assume you would want the application language to match the OS language. If you don't want this, change your OS language to match your desired preferences.

Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

That'S the problem though. I can't just change the OS at work. The system runs in German and that's how IT wants it (for various reasons).

My software (that from Adobe and others) is English because that's my language and that's what we bought. Good, I understand German, no problems there, but I'd just prefer my software in English.

Is there no way to get the English version, or am I wrong in thinking that there are different versions. Is ADE always checking my OS to make sure it gives me the 'correct' language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, unless I'm mistaken, changing my OS language assumes that I'm willing to go out and buy an English version of my OS. Not really an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
" Plus, unless I'm mistaken, changing my OS language assumes that I'm willing to go out and buy an English version of my OS. Not really an option. "

I'm fairly certain that's incorrect. The OS X install DVD's contain all the possible languages that can be installed (though you'd have to double check with Apple).

Unfortunately at this time that's the only option we have to offer you.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines