• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download Adobo Editions 1.5

New Here ,
May 17, 2008 May 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visited the following web link in both IE 7 or firefox and click on the adobe digital editions installer. When i was prompted to click "Yes" to start download digital editions 1.5, it just stop there and no further installation is proceeded.

I am accessing from Singapore. pls advise. thks a lot. sam

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Vista users have trouble with the installation. Try this technote:

"Adobe Digital Editions does not install on Windows Vista"
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403051

That EXE can be installed in XP as well (though the paths are slightly different)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to download Adobe Digital Editions 1.5, I repeatedly receive the Can Not Download to Hard Drive message on my G4 Mac running OS 10.4.11.

Installed several times is Adobe Reader 8.1.2. But it always crashes soon after opening unless I (based on online recommendations somewhere) UNcheck the updateracro.plugin (for automatic updating) in "Get Info" > Plug-Ins. Before I discovered this work-around, every version 8 Adobe Reader I have tried has crashed soon after being opened.

Adobe Reader 7.0.9 (updated to 7.1.0) still works fine, except (after trying to upgrade to version 8 ) File > My Digital Editions > "Could not create an EDB database: Unable to load the specified database driver dynamic link library".

All this is a big problem for me because I have lost access to the digital edition of a programming manual I purchased (& have a copy of the license key for.).

After specifying in Get Info, that this ebook should be opened by v. 7.0.9 (7.1.0), > error message "Unable to download necessary files at this time. . Adobe DRM Activator error (client code 9). Fault location: 9. Contact Customer Support."

As long as I can read this manual (as I formerly could), I will be happy using whatever version of Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: I'll eventually need to know how to use the license key to reactivate access to my ebook programming manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've never worked on the Acrobat support side, but I think this means that the network call to activate is the ebook is failing.

There is an old technote about the EDB error that is a bit sparse but may still be helpful. Here's what it says:

Solution 1: Make sure you have the edb1drv.file in/Library/CFMSupport/folder

Solution 2: Make sure Reader is actually installed on your computer and that you are not trying to run Reader from the original dmg file.

Not sure how helpful that will be, but maybe working on fixing that first is the way to go.

So my team can try to figure out why Digital Editions 1.5 won't install -if- you open a support case (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact).

But if you want to stick with Reader then you're best off posting to the reader forum or opening a support webcase for Reader. That'll get you the right folks...

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bentley & all,

Re: Solution 1: Library/CFMSupport contains edb1drv. (On a smaller, still connected HD I rarely use, is ALSO: RdrENUSelfHeal.xml . This seemed to me to be a file that might heal Adobe Reader, so I copied it to the CFMSupport file on my main HD.)

Re: Solution 2: Opening Adobe Reader.app [8.1.2], then setting the "Get Help" > "Open with" > to open with "Adobe Reader 8" > leads to the URL for installing Digital Editions 1.5 > "Download Now > Install > Install > Download Adobe Digital Edi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get error message:

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate

what now?

tried suggestions from other posts, nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get following error message:

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate

Tried the previous suggestions but nothing works.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misrak please open a technical support web case:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thanks for your ideas & your invitation to open a support case. I'll work on doing that, & including what I have already detailed."

Thanks TOC. I'm really not sure where to go with this one at this point. With a support case we might be able to work on it more directly, possibly do some screen sharing and see if we can make some progress.

I'll look for the case number on Monday.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2008 Jun 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot open file too large for
aol will open text -click yes-then says file too large for Aol Help doriss0206@aol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doris, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you need help with Digital Editions 1.5 please see http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2008 Jun 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have this same problem with pdf files emailed to us by headquarters to our work computers. We've been told to copy the attachment or file to the desktop, click on it and open it from there. You might try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having problems downloading Digital Editions. I have opened a support case and when I call, all they do is read from their scripts and tell me there is no phone support. I am running XP, my cache is large enough, my firewall is off and I am going through Fire Fox. I get the message that Adobe has encountered an error. Do you want to send report? I don't know what the error is. I am computer literate, but not that technical. There used to be a link for a manual download in the forums, but I can't find it any more. Any real help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kim,
Take a look at Bentley's first post in the thread (you may need to click on "Show All Messages" ). It contains the manual download link and instructions.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2008 Jul 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have it handy:
"Adobe Digital Editions does not install on Windows Vista"
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403051

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines