• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change computer authorization after two Adobe IDs have been merged together?

New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This asks for your help!
How can I change computer authorization after two Adobe IDs have been merged together? Or how can I uninstall the software to get the opportunity for a new computer authorization (using the merged ID/new Adobe ID). Neither German Customer Service nor their technical peers could help and their idea to clean the registry and all the temp files did not work either......Pleaese help!!
Regards,
JGS

P.s. Up until now, I can not recommend to use the software and to buy expensive e-books.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JGS,

Please provide me with your support (or customer service) case number and I'll ask someone to investigate.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a resolution for this problem ? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I need to re-authorize my digital editions with the same email address I used to purchase the ebook for it to open. How can I change my authorization on digital editions to match the adobe account with that email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, your Adobe ID is stored in the registry - you can use Regedit, search for your Adobe ID, and regedit will find it for you - it's under HKEY_USERS\(some key)\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation. You can just delete that entire key structure (under Activation) and then you can re-register.

HOWEVER, if anyone knows how to do this on a Mac I would really appreciate the info - i've looked everywhere, I think Digital Editions creates a hidden file somewhere to store it - I really need to change the ID on my Mac (it currently has the wrong one) to open an ebook licenced under my other name, it's driving me crazy that I can't find it, i've uninstalled at the Unix (Mac OS X) level, deleted profiles, etc etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou so much! I tried chatting with some adobe people online earlier and it was awful, they didn't understand english very well and hung up on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clean way to deauthrorize your computer is to launch ADE, and then press Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac). After deauthorizing, you will be forced to reactivate/authorize when you next run ADE.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have sold my old Laptop and have now a new one...how can i deauthorize my old computer (i want to be able to authorize 6 devices!)?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but can someone tell me what ADE stands for?Old computer crash and now i had to re DL Adobe and I want to use my original email address that i have use on my old computer.Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8 does not have the ctrl+shift+d.  So now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines