• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with voucher folder.

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2007 Jun 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got a problem, when I download a book, adobe digital editions show an error. http://img5.imgup.eu/Untitled-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message occurs when there is no write access to your Application Data folder (normally located at C:\Documents and Settings\<your-user-name>\Application Data). Digital Editions application requires access to that folder to open DRM-enabled books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same problem with the "The voucher folder is not writable. Please check that you have permission to use protected documents on your system." error message.

Changing the attributes of "Documents and Settings" does not solve the problem.

Actually the problem occurs only with ebooks that I had before installing Digital Editions (i.e. I used with Reader 6 and later 7). If I download one of the free books, evérything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2007 Jul 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of our customers at eLib (we distribute eBooks for Swedish libraries) have gotten the same error message, and I have not yet been able to give them a good solution for the problem. Changing the permissions, as mentioned earlier, didn't do it. The books in the Adobe library seem to download ok for the customers though.

Does anyone at Adobe know a way around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2007 Jul 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, fixing the permissions on the Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\Digital Editions doesn't cut it. Changing permissions on the whole AppData folder is simply dangerous and does not constitute a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could solve the problem by creating a folder with a different coding of my Ö (O with two dots).

First the program read from the correct directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\Johan Östrand\Application Data\Adobe\Digital Editions\Voucher

But then it tried to write to another directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\Johan Ãstrand\Application Data\Adobe\Digital Editions\Voucher

Since the second directory did not exist the program could not write to it. After creating the second directory everything worked smoothly.
/Johan Östrand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that the second representation Ã- is the utf-8 representation of the iso8859-1 of Ö. Might be helpfull for the programmers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have also accents in my name.
I actually have this original path
C:\Documents and Settings\Frédéric ALLIER\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions2x0
And created this one
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred ALLIER\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions2x0
to test the software i use a "test docuement" link present on the BLL web site
http://www.bl.uk/sed
I have a shortcut for Digital edition on my desktop and, there in the propeeties I changed the path to the Fred ALLIER path.
I deleted the MACROMEDIA folder from the Frédéric ALLIER folder but the Frédéric ALLIERR folder is still there (with other under-folders).
I still have the error message
I can't change the "read olny status of the digitaleditions2x0
folder, it systemetically comes back ton read only.
Any idea.?
Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at a conversion table from latin1 to utf8 that can be found at e.g. http://czyborra.com/utf/ I beleive that you want to create the following directory structure to make the workaround... work.

C:\Documents and Settings\Frédéric ALLIER\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions2x0

(I changed é into é)

That is, if you still are using the same username. I guess another option would be to change your username...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your help,
everything works fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still got the same problem. I have Windows Vista and My Voucher folder path is:
C:\Users\Per Lundstrøm\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions2x0

I have made a copy of C:\Users\Per Lundstrøm\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia to C:\Users\Per Lundstrøm\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia

But I still got the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easy workaround is to create a new user account specifically for ebooks. The user name can only be composed of letters A-Z without any accents or other such characters. When you have created the account, log in with the new user name, install Digital Editions and download your ebooks.

Of course, this is not an option for people without administrator rights or who are unwilling to have but it works!

Also, I assume you can't transfer any existing ebooks you might have downloaded with Adobe Reader 7. But for many customers this is not an issue as it is their first experience with ebooks. (And not a pleasant one, if they have the "wrong" kind of name!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2007 Aug 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the current Releasse of DE is fully qualified for English systems only. This is a fancy way of saying that we know of bugs related to handling multi-byte characters in path names. We are fixing this and it will be in the next release. The date of that release is not yet determined. The workaround is unfortunately to try and avoid multibyte characters in paths (including user-names).

Ric, DE Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2007 Sep 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem as everybody here : "The voucher folder is not writable. Please check that you have permission to use protected documents on your system."

I don't have any problem with the path to application data, and changing its settings doesn't help at all!

I have paid 29$ to read a document that does not open : it is crazy! If anyone here could help, it would be great. Thanks,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2007 Sep 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well... the easiest way to do that for the non-hacker might be to create a user on your computer that only has the letters a-z in it and open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be some confusion on what directory to create. As I understand nothing has to be deleted or moved. Just create the relevant
directory. As my user name is Bjarne Bülow it should be
C:\Documents and Settings\Bjarne Bülow\Application Data\Adobe\Digital Editions\Voucher
The Macromedia directory isn't affected. Seems so for me anyway.

- Bjarne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, really embarrassing Adobe could make such a basic mistake. And they didn't fix it yet! The first report came more than half a year ago! However, using Filemon to see which folder it tries to access and create works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem, but my username is Petr, so my patch to ADE is C:\Documents and Settings\Petr\Application Data\Adobe\Digital Editions\Voucher ????
so i dont use any accents, where is problem?

I solved it instaling adobe reader 7 a open ebook in it

I write email to adobe, but nobody answer !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I solved the problem with beta 1.5 http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/digitaleditions/install/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines