• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Error for digital edition 1.5?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click install on the main page for adobe digital edition, it says connecting. Then it comes back saying download error and no further explanation. I retryed several times. I am logged in as administrator. I am currently running XP and I have adobe reader 8 alreday installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tamara,

We are looking for folks with this problem to work with directly. Please open a Technical Support web case via http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Then post the case # back here and I'll have your case taken over by a particular agent who will know what to look for.

(the background is that we know that this happens on some machines, but we don't know -why-. Some type of problem with the installer mechanism that Flash Player uses to deliver the bits... if you're willing to help us try to figure this out I'd appreciate it).

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2008 Jun 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached the Digital Editions page when opening my Adobe 8 Reader and tried to install Digital Editions, but the install encountered a problem and it did not install. I, too, am running Windows Home XP as an adminstrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have manageed to install digital editions but when I go to library, add to library and select the pdf that I wish to make digital, I get the following error message:

Error during recovery after failed manifest save.
Error deleting file: manifest.xml
Error detail: Error #2038

Can anyone help with this

Thanks

Abby Fleming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elaine, please open a technical support web case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any more information available on this issue? I am having the same problem. Is the general cause known at least? Or any temporary solutions or work arounds? Any information at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

We've never been able to reproduce the failure in-house. So we don't know what causes it. What we need is a savvy customer with some testing skillz who's willing to invest some time working with us to try to determine why the failure happens (and in the meantime that means you either do a lot of uninstall/reinstalls or you just live without ebooks while we test, which can be time consuming).

If you're interested in doing some testing please open a support case (as above) and post the case # back here and I'll get in touch with you via the case.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I'm getting something similar on my MacBook Pro (Intel). ebx.etd is on my desktop, but when I click it, the screen locks up about half way through initializing. Nothing else happens. Have tried again, same result each time. Should I talk to Tech Support too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error occured, try again.

This is what I am getting, please assist. I have XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should open cases..

To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2008 Aug 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why the format of the downloaded file is "*.z"? i couldn't open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am receiving the aforementioned error. I have opened up a case and am awaiting a reply.

The case number is 0180449225. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel, I'm going to ask a senior agent to jump on your case. They'll do the prelim work, and I may step in at some point later this week.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, here's how we resolved Joel's case..

Joel was getting this error when trying to open a just purchased book:
"Error during recovery after failed manifest save.
Error deleting file: manifest.xml
Error detail: Error #2038"

We had him de-activate, move the book to a backup (USB, etc), then re-activate and move the book back.. which resolved the issue.

Deactivate a PC with Digital Editions 1.x:
1. Launch Digital Editions 1.x
2. Enter the key-combination of Ctrl-Shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac OS)
3. At the dialog, confirm that you wish to de-activate the machine
4. Quit Digital Editions

To reactivate and authorize the machine using the same or a new AdobeID, just re-launch Digital Editions. You will be prompted to activate.

After activation he put the books back in his 'My Digital Editions' folder. Problem solved.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the error above (same a Joel), but I tried that fix and it did nothing. I have logged a call with adobe, Case #0180466282.
Digital editions takes ages to initialise on the PC in question and won't authorise, on another PC that his happened to I changed the proxy settings on Internet Explorer and then it worked fine, but this one did not.

Thanks

Paul Curtis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the following error:

Web Services Security and E-business:
IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:
http://acs.netlibrary.com/Media/ebx_product_id_173392.pdf

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---

As far as my IT guys can see, my network is working flawlessly. No matter which book I try to access from NetLibrary, they download to about the 15% point, stall, then this error comes up.

Any thoughts?
Lenard Lawless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the ctrl-shift-D thing, and I was able to de-authorize and re-authorize the program, but I still get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened a support ticket, with the number 0180472024, with luck I'll be able to read these books soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is there a solution to the "A download error occurred. Try to download again." on the initial flash player, yet? My Windows XP is doing that right now with the 1.6. It's almost worked a few times; it gets to the end of the download bar and then it tells me to retry.

Better yet; does anyone know another location where I can download it, that doesn't involve Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines