• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated Install

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to read an ebook I am sent to the adobe download/install Digital Editions 1.5.

So I attempt to install it.

I have now apparently reached the maximum number of installations, as I get the following error:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 126%3A6126%3A6126

What do I do?

thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I add that this didn't happen until I "upgraded" to 1.5

I'm running windows xp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E..

We'll need a lot more info to try to figure this one out.

First, let's start with 'what OS are you using?'

Second, please point your browser to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome and tell us what Flash Player version it says you have.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows xp home.

it worked just fine before 1.5 now I can't read anything because I have too many activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix this issue. seems that DE is more buggy than Windows Vista or any other application in the world!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2008 Jun 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from another message that there is a maximum of 6 installations per machine - I STILL don't see what I can do about my inability to read the books I've bought.

Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E Albin,

Open a TECHNICAL SUPPORT WEBCASE here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

When you have a case number please post it on this thread and I'll get somebody to work on it.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I noticed that you have fixed the same problems for other people that I am having. Can you please look into my CASE # 0181098612

I am also getting the to many activations and need it reset dor adobe digital editions so that I may download it again on my new computer. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2008 Jun 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

case number #0180220035

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E Albin,

I was reading through some posts to see if anything had slipped through. Checking on your case I see that the agent asked for a response from you on June 6, but so far there has not been a response.

If you can respond to the web caes with specific errors and a better description of what's happening on your machine we'll do our best to assist you.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines