• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR: DOCUMENT IS LICENSED....

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to re-download ADE 1.2 after about a month. I also had to use a new Adobe ID to authorize the thing (it had lost my old account or something, which was weird, because I don't use any other Adobe products that require an ID). Now, I can't open any of my ebooks, due to an error that says "DOCUMENT IS LICENSED FOR DIFFERENT USER ACCOUNT"

I'm using a Windows XP system on a Dell IBM laptop and I have no idea how much RAM is in it (whatever RAM means-I'm horribly technophobic). Please, someone, take pity on me and explain what I did wrong as well as how to fix it before I rip all my hair out. And if I rip out all my hair, then what reason do I have for living?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allison,

I wish I could magically tell you what happened, but I'm not sure. Did you make changes to your user setup on the machine?

Please open a Technical Support (not customer service!) web case and we'll have an agent try to help:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did that. Thank you for trying to help anyway. Hopefully the support people will know how to further help my dilemna and I'll have all my ebooks back by Monday, hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, honestly I'm not sure we can do it that quickly considering the behavior. However, it's important that we get support cases for these issues, for a number of reasons. Having an actual case with a case number helps guarantee our accountability, and let us work with an escalation procedure. If you could post back your case # I can bring it up in our support meeting tomorrow, perhaps we can make some progress.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines