Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I missing Something

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Freinds,
Installed AE and added pdfs. I want to remove them from a certain library and cannot not see how? Right click(context menu?) just gives me a setting menu. What's commin?
Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2008 Jun 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susan,

It's simpler than that. To move books to a different library in Adobe Digital Editions 1.5 (assuming these are user defined bookshelves you've created..)

In Library View, the bookshelves with blue icons are 'smart'. The ones with brown icons are user defined. You cannot move items between smart libraries (those are like built in bookshelves).

What you need to do is create some bookshelves of your own, then drag the books from the right pane into the new bookshelf. These changes will NOT effect the smart bookshelves, you'll still see all the books there. You'll just use your user created bookshelves to organize..

See help:
http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/help/

And more specifically:
http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/help/#about_bookshelves

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She didn't ask how to MOVE them. She asked how to REMOVE them. You didn't tell her how and your help links are worthless as they don't tell how either (but you already knew that). They simply mention removing them but not HOW. Is everything you people do defined by laziness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2008 Jul 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out Joe. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you aren't missing anything! I am having the identical problem and am totally exasperated! Apparently the "technical writers?" who create help write the text the way it is intended to work without actually going through the steps to make sure that it DOES work!

And, apparently they can't READ either! Or, Bently doesn't know the difference between MOVING and DELETING files! He must have gotten his job as Senior Support Engineer by rising to the level of his incompetency!

I would certainly appreciate if if someone would post an answer if they have figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the item(s) and hit the "Delete" key.

or

Click on the drop down menu (it's the right facing triangle) in the upper left hand corner of the thumbnail and select "Delete Item"

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Jim, did you try this yourself before posting this? Obviously not! IT DOES NOT WORK! Same thing I get a menu that says nothing but SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no MENU! It says SETTINGS! That is it!!!!!!!!! NO OTHER OPTION! Why don't you try this yourself before posting a solution that does not work! I have finally selected to just DELETE Adobe Digital Reader and never use it again. It and the support (people like you) are worthless and I don't need worthless things on my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patricia,

I did try it (like I do all tips) before posting.

For the rest of the people that are having the problem If you are getting the "Settings menu" you are right clicking. Do not do this, instead left click on the down triangle in the upper left corner of the thumbnail, and a drop down menu will appear.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2008 Jul 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patricia, I think there is something wrong with your computer or your brain.
It is a very very easy task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adolph, you don't have to be such a JERK! The problem was apparently Adobe Digital! The arrow in the upper left-hand corner of the thumbnail was nonexistent! I finally deleted Adobe Digital from my computer and then loaded it again. When I did that voila! the book was still in my library but now there was an arrow in the upper left-hand corner that hand not been there before.

Why don't you try not assuming somebody is stupid and realize that there are software problems. It is NOT always operator error! If you think that is always the case then there is something missing from your brain and you are very naive to boot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Patricia,
I'm glad you found the solution to your problem.

Susan,
I just reread your post, and I have quick caveat: The first four bookshelves (All Items, Borrowed, Purchased, Recently Read) are built in bookshelves and the only way to remove books from them is to delete the book altogether from ADE. If however you are in a user created bookshelf, there will be a "Remove from Bookshelf" menu item that will do exactly what it says, without deleting the book completely from ADE.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines