• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

READ ALOUD enabled book

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upgraded to reader 8.1.0 that separated out digital editions. now can not find information on how to get read aloud function to work. intel mac os 10.4.10
thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DE does not yet support ReadAloud. This will be in a later release. If you need ReadAloud support, we suggest you revert back to Reader 7.0.9:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions:
1 Is there any information about when Digital Editions will support Read Aloud?

2 My understanding is that Adobe Reader 7 cannot be used on the same PC as Adobe Reader 8. Is that correct?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not officially supported, but I have tried it and it worked. But, in general, it is not recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded an e-book and cannot seem to have it read using Read and Write Gold software. Can anyone help?

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2008 Jan 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions does not yet support Read Aloud. Are you using Digital Editions or Reader 7? If you are using DE and want Read Aloud, you will need to get Reader 7

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ric,

I'm guessing that DE doesn't support Auto Scroll either. I want to open my ebook (borrowed from the library) in Adobe Reader 8 or Acrobat 8, but no matter what I do, the website http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/?source=acrofile opens automatically. How can I get my PDF ebook to simply open in Reader or Acrobat so I can Auto Scroll?

Thanks,
Ione in Canton, Michigan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just discovered adobe 9's ability to read text aloud. Perhaps I'm behind the times, but it was quite a surprise. Is there any way to tweak the text in a .pdf document to change inflection, tone, etc so as to create distinct voices for different characters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines