Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbers in ADE

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All

Could any body tell me if there is any way to control the visibility or the positioning of pages numbers that appears in Adobe Digital Edition for .epub and what the base of appearance of the numbers in these positions if it depends on certain size of block or paragraphs?!

Thanks..
Ahmed Kader

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahmed, I believe I responded to this before. There isn't a way in ADE 1.5 for a user to control the visibility of page numbering.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bentley,

There is a mechanism for this provided in the Best Practices Guide, known as Page Map resource under Adobe Extensions for assigning a page number to a manifest item as the way it may appear in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). The proposed media type for it is application/oebps-page-map+xml. Id for the page map must be referenced by the spine element using page-map attribute.

However, when we tried implement it and try open it in the ADE, it has given an error (validation error) which states that the media type is not recognized.

Do you suggest any other media type to implement page maps in ADE? Any working sample/ examples will also help us produce and obtain page numbering as against the synthetic page maps synthesized automatically by ADE and which appear on the right side of the content in the reader.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry, I only work with the end user/ADE side of the equation. There is some contact info on the Digital Publisher Developer Center at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/.

At the bottom if a line something like...

Please submit the Developer Center Feedback form to give us feedback about this new site.

I'm told that will get you to development..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines