• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we put these new eBooks on our PDAs?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to buy ebooks in pdf format and put it on my pda/cell phone and read them through Adobe Reader Mobile. But these new ebooks don't work at all. Is there any way we can read these on our PDAs and cell phones. That used to be the biggest benefit to me - that you could take all these books around with you and read anytime you had to wait.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions will have some device support in future versions. However, at this point we do not. When we have news we will make announcements on http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions.

If this is important to you, it is possible to uninstall ADE 1.5 and reinstall an older version of Acrobat to use the old ebook reader plugin features in Acrobat 6 or 7. There are instructions on this somewhere on the forum that you should be able to find in a search.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but what happens to Digital Editions of ebooks I misguidely paid for and downloaded thinking DE worked just as Adobe EReader used to with my PDA? E-Books.com which touts your reader aren't telling anyone what happens next. Are the downloads they carry just useless without DE? Any way to convert them backward with Adobe's help?

This is really poor launching of a whole new platform. Commercial sites who use your format aren't making clear in any way, the consequences of choosing the Adobe version of a file format; all they do is link you to Adobe DE and you're left to discover the problem.

And by the way, your website information in the opening paragraphs of the latest Adobe Reader for Palm OS states, that now you can "take your Digital Editions... with you...." You guys need to get your marketing in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott, you're absolutely right. I got into this same trouble with ebooks.com. But worse, neither they nor Adobe tell you that when you upgrade to Reader 8 - that it will delete Reader 7 from your computer and you won't even be able to use it anymore! I upgraded to 8 but did it as a fresh install into a separate directory from 7. But when I tried to open 7 it just kept opening 8. version 7 was rendered useless on my computer. No one said anything about that happening.

Adobe really just takes over your computer with no respect for the user. They don't even tell you during the install that it's going to destroy all previous versions of Reader. It's incredibly maddening.

So like you I bought a few ebooks in this new format only to discover it made all my old ebooks useless! And how dare ebook.com charge us full price - even more than Amazon.com charges for a real book! At least the real book will last the rest of your life. These may not even last a few months yet they dare to charge you full price for them! I'm not going to use them anymore. No more ebooks for me until some format becomes standardized. This is so outrageous.

So yes, if I do what Bentley suggested, then my handful of new ebooks I just purchased will stop working. So how in the hell is anyone supposed to be able to use books from both versions?

AND WHAT KIND OF COMPANY DIDN'T TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THEY DEVELOPED THEIR NEW SOFTWARE. This is really a black eye for ADOBE if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2008 Jul 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clark and Scott, It's Stephen Cole here, CEO of eBooks.com.

I certainly understand your disappointment. Please contact our support team by logging in at www.ebooks.com and going here http://help.ebooks.com/hd/new_ticket.php

At the very least they'll be able to swap your books to MobiPocket format (assuming the publishers released your books in that format), which should work on your devices.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2008 Jul 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the link you provide just gets you back to the ADE home page where you find nothing about "Announcements." You do, however, by reading the beginning get told that you can transfer books between PC's and devices. If not a mobile device (PDA or Smartphone), what is it referring to? And when are you supposedly coming up with it: 2 months, 6 months, 1 year? Have they been so busy writing software to run on iPhone that there's been no further movement with this. Yes, we can all simply use Reader 6 authorizing DRM, but I can't even get the right software anymore to work Windows Mobile 6, so I can only work this with a Palm OS. What's happening? You have the market by the s....hairs, but leave everyone hanging by rolling only part of the software out! There's too many of us out there that routinely work between PC's and handhelds to be left hanging like this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen, thanks for your response. It's good to know you're here and listening to what we're saying.

Personally, I LOVE ebooks. I'm always telling my friends how much better they are than "real" books. People usually say they don't like to read on a computer screen. I tell them putting their book on their PDA is as close to a book as you can get. You can even curl up with it in bed! (and read it with the lights off)!

The biggest advantage is being able to highlight and make comments that are searchable. However, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore in ADE. I found out (thanks to someone here) that I can take notes but I can't see that I can search on them.

Also, the books I bought in Adobe 7 format (hundreds of dollars worth), are now completely unusable. Someone here suggested that I uninstall ADE and re-install Adobe 7. I have just one question... why can't I run Adobe 7, Adobe 8 and ADE AT THE SAME TIME!?

Why in the world with such different features would Adobe make an upgrade (Adobe 8 ) that completely removes access to the previous version that has an entirely different feature set!?

I really don't understand what's going on at Adobe. It's like the whole Reader division was taken over by ZOMBIES! People sleep walking through life.

It appears the only way I can have access to my books is to have two separate computers. One running Adobe 7 and the other Adobe 8. So I can access part of my library from one computer and the other part from the other! WHO CAME UP WITH THIS IDIOTIC IDEA!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, My thanks also for your reply. However, my patience didn't outlast your response time. I re-purchased the book in MobiPocket and have since transferred it to my PDA in Palm OS. I didn't see any future in investing in Adobe format books until this whole controversy over DE functionality is sorted out by Adobe. I too am like others who lost the ability to reimport my older Adobe Reader editions into DE without loss of comment text and highlighting I used in Adobe Reader (and transfers to PDAs).

You might add some commentary on your site about Adobe DE does not support transfer to mobil devices. It is the number one reason I have for purchasing e-books, to take them with me on my PDA. Its a shame that the exclusion is not more obvious on Ebooks.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...being a sensible lad I kept a copy of the installer for Acrobat 7 (and earlier versions too). I uninstalled 8, installed 7, followed the procedures I found on the forum but my device failed to get recognised (windows Mobile 6) so that was a complete waste of time too.

Adobe - Please give some indication of the potential timescale for device support. Mobile devices & ebooks = good mix. Mobile devices & no eBooks = very bad mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2008 Jul 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

As a policy we cannot discuss future releases. So at this moment we really can't answer your question about devices and time. Sorry..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2008 Jul 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to make a request for a Flash Lite 3 version. Having Flash eBooks on my Sony Mylo would be the Bee's Knees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Wolfe, I'm confused about the portability feature. Today, the 18th, I went to the news/updates page you suggested:

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions

And it says "Transfer copy-protected publications from your PC to other computers or devices." I also stumbled upon a page here:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402749&sliceId=1

where it says:

"In Digital Editions 1.0, you can only open or read eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions on the computer from which you purchased the eBooks.

Reason
Digital Editions 1.0 does not support portable content. When you purchase an eBook, the eBook is locked to the computer and user.

Solution
Adobe recommends that all users update to Digital Editions 1.5.

Adobe Digital Editions 1.5 converts items to a license associated with a named account, which enables digital content to be backed up, copied, and read on other machines."

So, as of today is the portability feature working, and if not, why is it being promoted as a reason for upgrading to 1.5?

I'm a librarian, and we offer Adobe e-books through the Overdrive service. I'm just about to buy a Palm device and found a book about using the Palm OS in the Overdrive catalog. It's only in Adobe format. It looks like if I wanted to read the book about Palm ON my Palm, I'd have to jump through all sorts of hoops including possibly downgrading my Adobe Reader to v. 6 from v. 8. How can I be expected to encourage our library customers to try Ebooks when I'm running into these problems myself, and can't even be sure which software to guide them to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....Good analysis ESC, this must be about the most frustrating product release ever. You'd have thought that Adobe would be wise enough not to pull the existing functionality from Acrobat until Digital Editions was up to the task.

I've separately raised the question as to when mobile devices will be supported and got a blanking response along the lines of "we're not telling you because it is against our policy to do so" (One wonders if Adobe have a Customer Treatment Policy which deems this kind of response to be entirely satisfactory). We could be waiting 6 days, 6 months, 6 years or maybe even 6 lifetimes. Nobody knows.

Be warned about the tantalising "downgrade to an earlier version of Acrobat" route - I tried and the older version of Acrobat wouldn't recognise my mobile device. Different hardware config than yours though so you might be lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank GOD I'm not the only one pulling my hair out on this one. I've sworn off adobe now, deleted every adobe product off of my computers and palm, and physically PRINTED the @*!$ e-book that I bought specifically to be an "E" book!

sigh

So what's the better way to put an ebook on my palm...anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2008 Jul 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you had a print option ;-)) - the book I want to read when I'm on the move is 460 pages long and there is a restriction on printing only 30 pages on any one day. Not Adobe's fault that the restriction is there ... but entirely adobe's fault that I'd even consider printing.

Come on Adobe - wise up - get this sorted ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a product that might work...it's worth a shot.

http://www.pocketgear.com/en_US/html/display_product.jsp?categoryId=cat4490052&srcPage=category&id=prod6661017&sf=48190044

I don't have any adobe products installed any longer, but if someone wants to try it, they have a trial option. Good luck, and let us all know if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<So, as of today is the portability feature working, and if not, why is it being promoted as a reason for upgrading to 1.5?

I'm a librarian, and we offer Adobe e-books through the Overdrive service. I'm just about to buy a Palm device and found a book about using the Palm OS in the Overdrive catalog. It's only in Adobe format. It looks like if I wanted to read the book about Palm ON my Palm, I'd have to jump through all sorts of hoops including possibly downgrading my Adobe Reader to v. 6 from v. 8. How can I be expected to encourage our library customers to try Ebooks when I'm running into these problems myself, and can't even be sure which software to guide them to? >>

Portability is working. But what that really means right now is that in ADE 1.5 you can move your content to multiple computers (assuming named activation). The device side of it is still waiting for compatible devices. Sony has announced support with the PRS-505, but the supporting software hasn't been released by Sony yet (though I think that happens soon.. can't say anything beyond that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't say/Won't say - what a cop out!!! - "It's our policy" - what a joke, if as a teacher - or any other public servant - I chose to act on a policy like that when teaching your children Mr Wolfe, I can just imagine your reaction. "What did you teach in class today?" "Oh I'm sorry Mr Wolfe. I'm not allowed to say!" "When will my child need PE kit?" "Oh Mr Wolfe, Its not our policy to tell you that, but your child may face detention if they don't have proper kit!"
What a public relations disaster ADE is! Half working software that prevents users accessing material previously bought and restricts new material to Windows pcs only!

"Portability is working" - but only to a device that wont support it anyway or to other named computers - ever tried curling up in bed with your desktop? And while laptops may be suitable for those on a busness trip, taking one camping isn;t exactly a great idea!! Being able to read ebooks as and when and where you want to is the whole point - ebooks on something ths size of a laptop or worse still a desktop are a waste of time - if I'm at home I'll read the real thing. I want/NEED to be able to read my ebooks in a mobile environment. At the momnet ADE restricts my use of legally bought and paid for ebooks, and reading through the forums here, it appears Adobe has no thought for consumers in terms of forward or backward compatability.

Surely Digital Rights Management goes both ways - the purchaser has rights as well as the copyright holder - the right to be able to read material legally purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to really have potential. This is the way the original post appeared when I first found it. Read it all then decide for yourself. It works for me! I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroups, just like you are now, and came across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah right, this must be a scam", but like most of us, I was curious, so I kept reading. Even though the investment was a measly $6, I had three questions that needed to be answered before I could get involved in this sort of thing. 1. IS THIS REALLY LEGAL? I called a lawyer first. The lawyer was a little sceptical that I would actually make any CASH but he said it WAS LEGAL if I wanted to try it. I told him it sounded a lot like a chain letter but the details of the system (SEE BELOW) actually made it a legitimate legal business. 2. IS OK WITH THE POST OFFICE OR IS IT MAIL FRAUD? I called them: 1-800-725-2161 and they confirmed THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! (See 18, h sections1302 NS 1341 of Postal Lottery Laws). This clarifies the program of collecting names and addresses for a mailing list. 3. IS IT RIGHT? Well, everyone who sends me a buck has a good chance of getting A LOT of CASH ... a much better chance than buying a lottery ticket!!! 4. WHAT IS THE BUSINESS? You are in the business of collecting mailing lists and recruiting new list developers. These questions answered, I decided to proceed. The instructions said that you have to send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and address stated in the article. You then place your own name and address in the bottom of the list at #6, and post the article in at least 300 newsgroups. (There are thousands) No catch, that was it. So, I invested the measly $6.00. Well GUESS WHAT!! Within 7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was shocked! I figured it would end soon, but the money just kept coming in. In my first week, I made about $25.00. By the end of the second week I had made a total of over $1,000! In the third week I had over $10,000.00 and it's still growing. This is now my fourth week and I have made a total of just over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in rapidly. It's certainly worth $6.00, and 6 stamps, I have spent more than that on the lottery!! Let me tell you how this works and most importantly, why it works. Also, make sure you print a copy of this article NOW, so you can get the information off of it as you need it. I seems likely to me that if you follow the directions exactly, that you will start making more money than you thought possible by doing something so easy! Suggestion: Read this entire message carefully! (print it out or download it.) Follow the simple directions and watch the money come in! It's easy. It's legal. And, your investment is only $6.00 (Plus postage) IMPORTANT: This is not a rip-off; it is not indecent; it is not illegal; and it is virtually no risk - it really works!!!! If all of the following instructions are adhered to, you will receive extraordinary dividends. PLEASE NOTE: Please follow these directions EXACTLY, and $50,000 or more can be yours in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants. Please continue its success by carefully adhering to the instructions. You will now become part of the Mail Order business. In this business your product is not solid and tangible, it's a service. You are in the business of developing Mailing Lists. Many large corporations are happy to pay big bucks for quality lists. However, the money made from the mailing lists is secondary to the income which is made from people like you and me asking to be included in that list. Here are the 4 easy steps to success: STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST include your mailing address, the date and your signature." Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope (to prevent thievery). Next, place one paper in each of the 6 envelopes and seal them. You should now have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! You are requesting a legitimate service and you are paying for it! Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the legal aspects of it all. So I checked it out with the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal! Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses
1.) Brian McKeon
1101 County Route 12
Pennellville, NY 13132, USA
2.) Terry Joe Sundwall
269 Park Ave # 1
Rochester, NY 14607, USA
3.)Brett Kerkman
4408 Carter ave Unit2
Cincinnati Ohio 45212, USA
4.)Justin Saldivar
6427 s. Hildreth ave
Tucson, AZ 85746, USA
5.) T. Dunn
722 Hopital Rd.
Dawson Springs, Ky 42408,USA
6.) B. MOSLEY
9827 UTOPIA DRIVE
Pensacola, FL 32514, USA
STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR Name as number 6 on the list.
STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at least 300 newsgroups. (I think there are close to 32,000 groups) All you need is 300, but remember, the more you post, the more money you make! This is perfectly legal! If you have any doubts, refer to Title 18 Sec. 1302 & 1341 of the Postal lottery laws. PLEASE REMEMBER that this program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants and by their carefully adhering to the directions. Look at it this way. If you are of integrity, the program will continue and the money that so many others have received will come your way.
NOTE: You want to retain every name and address sent to you, either on a computer or hard copy and keep the notes people send you. This VERIFIES that you are truly providing a service. (Also, it might be a good idea to wrap the $1 bill in dark paper to reduce the risk of mail theft.) So, as each post is downloaded and the directions carefully followed, six members will be reimbursed for their participation as a List Developer with one dollar each. Your name will move up the list geometrically so that when your name reaches the #1 position you will be receiving thousands of dollars in CASH!!! What an opportunity for only $6.00 ($1.00 for each of the first six people listed above) Send it now, add your own name to the list and you're in business!
DIRECTIONS FOR HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS------------ STEP 1) You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own posting. Simply put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag your cursor to the bottom of this document, and select 'copy' from the edit menu. This will copy the entire letter into the computer's memory
STEP 2) Open a blank 'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top of the blank page. From the 'edit' menu select 'paste'. This will paste a copy of the letter into notepad so that you can add your name to the lis
STEP 3) Save your new notepad file as a text file. If you want to do your postings in different settings, you'll always have this file to go back to.
STEP 4) Use Netscape or Internet explorer and try searching for various newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites, discussions.)
STEP 5) Visit these message boards and post this article as a new message by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste from the edit menu. Fill in the Subject, this will be the header that everyone sees as they scroll through the list of postings in a particular group, click the post message button. You're done with your first one! Congra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Richard, cool response. In defense of Adobe (I have a sense of humour) the software works fully compared to specification, it is just that the specification is half baked.

ANY software house that can't even give a remote indication as to the timeframe they are looking to support the previous functionality within the new REPLACEMENT product is not worth a dime.

Mr Wolfe - I assume your hands are tied from your previous responses. I don't expect you to be able to respond personally any further on this issue. But could you please escalate this issue to whatever level of serious management might actually exist in Adobe who might actually care (even for a second) about what the custoemr wants? In a nutshell what the customer actually wants is to be able to read their digital books on as close a proximity to a physical book as possible. IE broad PDA support is an essential ingredient - indeed, IMHO, if Adobe had any sense they would have targeted PDA platforms FIRST not LAST if they had the remotest idea about why anyone would want to buy a digital, as opposed to a physical, book.

Rant over (for now).

Love & kisses.
P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I know and could layout what our current device plans are for the next year, I'm going to follow the corporate policy and not discuss unreleased products. Not just because it is corporate policy and violating it can get me fired, but also because I agree with it.

My personal belief is that this policy is in place for at least two good reasons:

First, we deal with manufacturers, like Sony, and typically do so under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). Laying out their plans even by inference would not be ethical - it is their choice to discuss their future plans or not. It is also bad business practice - if we were to violate Sony's confidence, they would stop coming to us as a partner and that would be one less set of devices for our end users.

Second, the key word here is plans, and especially in the software industry plans change. A case in point is our lack of a Linux desktop version of ADE. This was in the plans and undergoing development during our 1.0 timeframe. We even said so while we were working on 1.0 and promised that we would have a Linux version "by the end of the year". Unfortunately this did not happen (and there is still no Linux version). Promising and not delivering has left our users feeling more abused, than just not promising in the first place.

BTW Sony released their firmware release yesterday, and will transfer content from ADE on Windows. Hopefully there will be more announcements of device support forthcoming, but you will not hear it first on this forum.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2008 Jul 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Obviously no pressure from your users is going to change the policy.

But I do like to contrast it with Microsoft's where products are announded early, CTP versions are available early, feedback greatly influences development direction. Beta's become available pre-release. Plans do change, features get dropped, sometimes whole products get dropped and deadlines get pushed back.

But Microsoft engage their customers and provide clear sight of where things are heading. Adobe have choosen not to. Which is very frustrating for the user community. More so than have features being dropped (or even whole products), IMO.

As a software developer myself my policy always veers towards engaging my cusotmers rather than providing the mushroom treatment. Adobe are quite in their rights to make the decision that the latter is best for the corporation. Which can only be respected, albeit reluctantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2008 Jul 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so we understand that it's Adobe's policy not to share any plans with its customers. But I wonder if you might be able to share your thinking.

For instance, does Adobe understand the importance of letting customers read their books on however many devices/computers they may have? Personally, I have three computers, one PDA and one iPhone. Sure would hate to be told I can read it "here" but not "there".

Does Adobe understand the necessity and urgency of making ebooks compatible or upgradable to future versions of the software?

Does Adobe understand AND care that apparently thousands of people have now lost thousands of dollars in previously purchased Adobe ebooks that are now UNREADABLE.

Does Adobe understand that millions of people will have iPhones and many of us may like to read books on our phones like we used to read them on Windows-based phones?

And does Adobe have any sympathy for any of the above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2008 Jul 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and one other question.

Does Adobe understand and appreciate the necessity for ebook readers to be able to UNDERLINE, HIGHLIGHT, and ADD COMMENTS - in a way where these are all searchable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2008 Jul 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought an ebook from Wetfeet. Their only reference was to it being in PDF format. When I downloaded it I was without explaination taken to the ADE 1.5 install page. Went through the install and authorization process and now find that I have to be connected to the Internet to launch ADE in order to read the book.

I've got it on a laptop and want to read the book offline while on an airplane and it appears that I can't. Am I missing something here? Not having offline access to the book I paid a premium price for is just outright unacceptable.

Extremely poor product design on Adobe's part. I'm going to return the book, uninstall ADE, advise Wetfeet not to use ADE and get my money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines