Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DE - on Mac is a challenge, and continues to be so

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I bought an eBook (Adobe Photoshop). Had endless opening problems but finally solved in Windows (in Parallels on Mac). So works well in Windows XP, where downloaded file was opened in DE and then DE downloads the eBook.
Mac is another story: could not update DE at first. Read this forum and followed the suggestion of deleting file in Macromedia in Library as per: Delete the ~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/digitaleditions2x0 (~ is the unixism for your home directory, usually at /Users/'your username'). After I did this, th edownload page then allowed me to downlaod the Mac version of the application.

Now when I try and open the eBook I purchased (same as teh one in Windows) th edownload begins and gives me an error: IOError on Network request. Please check your network connection and try again. Network Path: http://ebook2.lightningsource.com/TitleDownload/LSCFD.dll?sku=978032150963=O
....and more with Event Detail: Error#2038. I WANT TO READ TGE EBOOK ON MAC!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasmukh- We tested against LightningSource with the Mac (I am typing this on my Mac) and didn't see the problem you describe. We will retest. If this problem persists, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2007 Jul 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting several errors including not being able to connect to server - I'm on a MAC running 10.4.10 - I've deleted the macromedia flash information - re-installed and still have issus. The cover will come up or a page but it is extremely unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone solved the Error#2038 issue. I have added to another post and do not seem to be making any headway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2007 Aug 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have responded directly to Debra in email. If others are encountering error #2038, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. 2038 is a generic I/O error that an attempt to communicate with an external server failed (HTTP error 400-500). We don't get any additional info back. Culprits are most often firewall settings, virus checkers or "Internet Speedup" tools (which alter the HTTP headers).

Ric, DE Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I left my eBook account months ago when they changed from Adobe Reader 7 which worked great to DE. IT was too frustrating and actually cashed MacOS Tiger, which I though was not possible. Now I tried it on Leopard, same piece of trash software. Do you know if they are planning to fix it or provide us with the option of using reader again? I bought the books under reader and it just does not seem legal to change a product in such a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines