Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import error

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just downloaded and installed Digital Editions 1.5791. I successfully authorized my computer. However, when DE tries to import my (only) e-book, it says:

]There were some documents that were not imported into your library during Rebuild Bookshelf.
There was a network error that prevented DRM activation on your system.
Please see the import.log file for details.
0 of 1 documents were imported.
--- end ---

The import.log file says the following:

]Version 1.5.791 WIN Thu Jul 3 13:15:56 2008 UTC

]Rebuild Bookshelf Phase 3 starting.
C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\My Documents\My Digital Editions\An_Introduction_to_Planetar.PDF
E_DRM 7 4 15 31
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.
Adobe DRM Activator error.
Client Code: 31 - HTTP Code: 555
Fault location: 15
Rebuild Bookshelf failed because of Activation Server error.

]Rebuild Bookshelf results:
Initial Document candidates:1
EBX Document not imported due to Activation Error:1
Acrobat EBX PDF imported:0
Acrobat EBX PDF failed to import:0
ADE EBX PDF imported:0
ADE EBX PDF failed to import:0
Other Acrobat PDF imported:0
Policy Server or Acrobat Password-protected failed to import:0
ADE EBX ePUB imported:0
ADE EBX ePUB failed to import:0
Plain ePUB imported:0
Plain ePUB failed to import:0
EBX PDF converted to new License:0
EBX PDF failed to convert to new License:0
EBX ePub converted to new License:0
EBX ePub failed to convert to new License:0
---- end Rebuild Bookshelf results ----

]Version 1.5.791 WIN Thu Jul 3 13:16:12 2008 UTC
Rebuild Bookshelf Phase 3 complete.
---- end Rebuild Bookshelf ----

I was connected to the internet at the time I tried this. I have tried opening the book in DE but nothing happens.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this problem, I will be happy to hear them.

Thanks,

Dave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Even though you're connected to the net, it is still fairly common to have some firewall, proxy or other software on your machine block Digital Edition's communication with the server. Basically there was a problem with the headers being sent from the webservices on our activation server back to your machine.

This is essentially what we document in "Error "Adobe DRM Error" when you activate Digital Editions or access an eBook" at http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402747, only I need to add a bit more technical detail about the headers, which I'll try to do this week..

Ooh, I found the info:
Make sure the firewall is using port 80 and NO CACHE is on
Make sure that the firewall allows your browser and Reader/Acrobat to connect to http://aractivate.adobe.com

Here's the list of all the HTTP headers Reader uses--open them for both directions. The ports are the standard HTTP ports. (Reader doesn't use SSL.)

x-EBX-Version
x-ABX-Client
x-EBX-Authenticate
x-EBX-Authorization
x-EBX-Authenticationinfo
x-EBX-Authinfo2
---------
SOAPAction
Accept-Language
accept
Connection
Pragma
Cache-Control

I'll get this added to the technote. Hopefully it'll get you on your way. But to be truthful these kind of firewall/proxy issues can be hard to figure out sometimes. Sometimes (if possible) it's easier to take the machine to another network..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2008 Aug 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company blocks all adobe update traffic which includes the DRM Activator. The E-Reader software is uninstalled from the user's PC that is erroring out because of this but Adobe Reader will still not open. Really? Why? I cannot find a fix without recreating the user profile and I really am tired of all the crap that adobe breaks. Just once I'd like a fix from adobe that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Misty,

You might be able to get better information in the Acrobat forums.. this forum focuses on just Digital Editions 1.5 now (reader dropped ebook support as of version 8 a few years ago)...

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines